Factory Looking Pillar Guages

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Here is the final product. Better pics next week... I’m very happy with the factory look, fit and finish here. Thanks to all those who gave input.

Also, this pillar pod has the same safety tether as the factory one.
6E2gPmS.jpg
tcXZQVn.jpg
DAHxMMS.jpg
Where did you connect the lighting wire for the gauges? Did you tie it into the dimmer on the light switch?
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Amazingly respectable looking. I bought an autometer gauge pod for the dash of a 2005 years ago. The quality and fitment of the item was subpar even for a base GT owner. I returned it and ordered the SOS triple gauge unit. The returned Autometer triple gauge pod hung in the speed shop I returned it to until the owner closed a few years back. That is why I was skeptical as to fitment and appearance especially on a vehicle of a higher price tag. In addition to this the autometer instruction indicates that it needs to be painted to match. Glad it turned out for you.

The 11-14 option (when I was considering options for my 13 and 14GT's) was a slip over device rather than a replacement. Looks like autometer has stepped it up a bit since then as well in quality.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Looks nice. I have been needing a couple additional gauges too. But what happens when/if the A pillar airbag goes off? Is the driver, and/or passenger, hit with gauge shrapnel?

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Where did you connect the lighting wire for the gauges? Did you tie it into the dimmer on the light switch?
I connected to the 12v that runs up that pillar to into the headliner for map lights and tapped into the headlight switch for lighting control/dimming. Very convenient.

Amazingly respectable looking. I bought an autometer gauge pod for the dash of a 2005 years ago. The quality and fitment of the item was subpar even for a base GT owner. I returned it and ordered the SOS triple gauge unit. The returned Autometer triple gauge pod hung in the speed shop I returned it to until the owner closed a few years back. That is why I was skeptical as to fitment and appearance especially on a vehicle of a higher price tag. In addition to this the autometer instruction indicates that it needs to be painted to match. Glad it turned out for you.

The 11-14 option (when I was considering options for my 13 and 14GT's) was a slip over device rather than a replacement. Looks like autometer has stepped it up a bit since then as well in quality.
I’m OCD about stuff like this. The fitment of this piece is fantastic. I’d recommend it all day. The only bothersome part is it’s texture is just slightly different than the passenger side. However you don’t notice.

Looks nice. I have been needing a couple additional gauges too. But what happens when/if the A pillar airbag goes off? Is the driver, and/or passenger, hit with gauge shrapnel?
Thanks. I couldn’t really say but: What I can tell you is it has the same airbag retention hookups as the factory a pillar does. If the bag blows, it doesn’t let it hit you and swings out of the way via tether.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Doing the same thing looks great!

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Here is the final product. Better pics next week... I’m very happy with the factory look, fit and finish here. Thanks to all those who gave input.

6E2gPmS.jpg
tcXZQVn.jpg
DAHxMMS.jpg
Love the gauges. How did you tap into the light switch for lighting power? What color wires.

Thanks Anthony

Nelsond003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350. 1965 Shelby Cobra roadster

6E2gPmS.jpg
tcXZQVn.jpg
DAHxMMS.jpg
Where did you drill through the firewall to get access to the engine? I have a single pod for a fuel gauge, I didn't see the need for a boost gauge for 6 pounds of boost.

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
I just installed a single gauge pod pillar, but it came with the wrong size screw; anyone know what size the screw is supposed to be?
Sponsored