Sponsored

Factory Looking Pillar Guages

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Will be boosting in January so I’m looking to add 2 gauges to the A pillar. -Boost and fuel pressure. Autometer has a ton of options but I’m looking for some that sort of match the factory look. If they can’t match them maybe some that complements the look of the existing gauges well.

They also need to light up roughly the same as our existing cluster which is basically white/clear light.

Anyone been here before and have suggestions?
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
You are not going to like the hokey pillar mount made by Autometer based on your finicky concern over the gauge face matching the instrument cluster. The price alone is a tell tale. I recommend you take a look at the drill to mount three gauge pod at speed of sound. Unfortunately because of the airbags in the pillars, SOS does not make a pillar mount for 15+, but their drill mount three gauge dash mount is a nice alternative. I ran the NDR version of it that fit the 05-09 GT's. It was a big hit at cruise ins and the track. As for gauge selection go on autometer's web site and look. Go to the other vendors and look. Duckduckgo.com is your buddy for searching the internet.Got questions on SOS products? email or pick up the phone and call them. The horses mouth is always your best source to getting answers.

https://www.speedofsoundllc.com/S_197 ProductGallery.html

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
You are not going to like the hokey pillar mount made by Autometer based on your finicky concern over the gauge face matching the instrument cluster. The price alone is a tell tale. I recommend you take a look at the drill to mount three gauge pod at speed of sound. Unfortunately because of the airbags in the pillars, SOS does not make a pillar mount for 15+, but their drill mount three gauge dash mount is a nice alternative. I ran the NDR version of it that fit the 05-09 GT's. It was a big hit at cruise ins and the track. As for gauge selection go on autometer's web site and look. Go to the other vendors and look. Duckduckgo.com is your buddy for searching the internet.Got questions on SOS products? email or pick up the phone and call them. The horses mouth is always your best source to getting answers.

https://www.speedofsoundllc.com/S_197 ProductGallery.html
I saw those pods and I'm not a huge fan of them. I have sort of "narrowed" the gauge selection down to either the sport comp II, Elite or Spek Pro from autometer.

You don't like the autometer gauge pod solution? Any reason why you think its hokey?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I saw those pods and I'm not a huge fan of them. I have sort of "narrowed" the gauge selection down to either the sport comp II, Elite or Spek Pro from autometer.

You don't like the autometer gauge pod solution? Any reason why you think its hokey?
Oh don't get me wrong. I like the idea of pillar gauge mounting. The autometer pillar mount works. But it's a practical functionality solution for a race car application. With respect to putting it in a GT350 it's a Kmart solution to a Nordstrom need if you get the reference. I'd sooner vent pod mount than use the autometer and believe me you I am nowhere near as finicky about interior match up as a Shelby or Roush owner. You may wish to look at LMR.com and see the solution they have for a gauge pod mount option if you don't like the SOS pod answer.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Back in early 2016, before we figured out how to display the trans and diff temperatures, I looked at the pillar mount options for 2 gauges. I decided against the pillar location because of the lack of pillar pod support in the market for the 2015+ cars, the A pillar air bag and the extremely limited space to run wires. I opted for an overhead mounting for 2 gauges, heres the link to what I did. I am extremely happy with the results.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/trans-diff-temperature-gauge-mounting.49999/#post-1202930

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I actually do like pillar pods. Maybe call me a bit ricer in this case but I think they're kinda cool BUT I also like them as low as possible towards the dash. In this case, I think those are pretty reasonable.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Replace the factory center gauges with
Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauge.

You can run 2 parameters on one gauge at once.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I actually do like pillar pods. Maybe call me a bit ricer in this case but I think they're kinda cool BUT I also like them as low as possible towards the dash. In this case, I think those are pretty reasonable.
I agree. Practical functionality as someone above put it, is exactly what I’m going for. And this is a race car after all.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I have settled (and ordered) the auto matter duel gauge pillar pod. I went with the sport comp II gauges simply because A)they looked similar to factory, B) white backlight, C)reasonably priced. Will post pics once installed.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have settled (and ordered) the auto matter duel gauge pillar pod. I went with the sport comp II gauges simply because A)they looked similar to factory, B) white backlight, C)reasonably priced. Will post pics once installed.

Cool looking forward to a pic, those gauges look nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I think you can install the factory ecoboost gauges in the center dash direct replacement but you wont have fuel pressure.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-10849-A
I did consider this but I really like those two gauges and feel they’re equally as important. I’m looking forward to the install of these. I think they’ll look nice and be fully functional.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Here is the final product. Better pics next week... I’m very happy with the factory look, fit and finish here. Thanks to all those who gave input.

Also, this pillar pod has the same safety tether as the factory one.
6E2gPmS.jpg
tcXZQVn.jpg
DAHxMMS.jpg

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Looking good Ryan.