Extended Warranty

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Most of Flood's plans are at dealer cost. They used to sell them above cost but the guy I refer people to since 2007 has taken so much business from them (he is now one of the largest online ESP sales in the country) that Flood has now reduced majority of their plans at dealer cost.

All dealers in the US pay the same price to Ford.

You can buy an ESP outside of the b2b but a used vehicle inspection is required to be done as mentioned above. When the inspection is complete, you can then buy a used ESP that is offered in 12month/12k increments.

The guy I refer too sells ALL plans at dealer cost.. he doesn't make a penny on any of them. The benefit of him is that he offers the Ford financing which is 0% and 24 equal payments with 10% paid upfront. It's nice breaking up $3,000 into 24 monthly payments when it doesn't cost you a dime in financing. I've done it on my last 4 vehicles.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
i got an offer in the mail from car shield for an esp....prices start as low as $99 / month for their new car plan. Don't know the terms but can't imagine its close to Ford's. I didn't read the fine print but my $1200 for 75000/8yr looks pretty good.....even if its just a GT. anyone have first hand experience with them good or bad? just curious.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
i got an offer in the mail from car shield for an esp....prices start as low as $99 / month for their new car plan. Don't know the terms but can't imagine its close to Ford's. I didn't read the fine print but my $1200 for 75000/8yr looks pretty good.....even if its just a GT. anyone have first hand experience with them good or bad? just curious.
1633616641186.gif

Ford brand ESP or nothing. The fine print on 3rd party policies will make you blind.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Okay, so I daily drive my 2017 GT 350 and don't plan to sell it. At my local dealer I can get the Platinum (top warranty) for 7 years 70k miles (which I think is slightly more than I'll drive but it was that or 100k miles) for $3,167.

Is that a good/decent deal? I think it is worth doing... I drive it... hard.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Okay, so I daily drive my 2017 GT 350 and don't plan to sell it. At my local dealer I can get the Platinum (top warranty) for 7 years 70k miles (which I think is slightly more than I'll drive but it was that or 100k miles) for $3,167.

Stephen, go one of the online Ford dealers and get their price. Then youā€™ll know if it is a good deal or not. Also if it is not a real Ford ESP, forget it.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Ford does not have a "Platinum" or a "70k" term. Sounds like your dealer is quoting you a 3rd party plan and I'd stay away from anything that isn't a Ford ESP.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Ford does not have a "Platinum" or a "70k" term. Sounds like your dealer is quoting you a 3rd party plan and I'd stay away from anything that isn't a Ford ESP.
The dealer said they stopped selling Ford ESP because there was too many exclusions so they sell this, https://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/ , and he said he uses it personally and its great. I have read some positive things online as well. Has anyone used Fidelity? Why stay away from anything not Ford ESP? It seems like a good deal...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The dealer said they stopped selling Ford ESP because there was too many exclusions so they sell this, https://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/ , and he said he uses it personally and its great. I have read some positive things online as well. Has anyone used Fidelity? Why stay away from anything not Ford ESP? It seems like a good deal...
Had you left out that first line I would have checked out FWS. But knowing that the dealer is full of shit precludes me from having to do so.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/premiumcare.php

The main reason they sell FWS is they a probably making more profit on it than they do selling a car.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
A few things to clear up first.
You say a 2017, Assuming you bought it in 2017, you're past the base warranty, and not eligible for the Ford ESP. That may be why your dealer didn't offer it to you.
If you bought it as a leftover in 2018, you may still be eligible for the Ford ESP, depending on when you actually bought it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
A few things to clear up first.
You say a 2017, Assuming you bought it in 2017, you're past the base warranty, and not eligible for the Ford ESP. That may be why your dealer didn't offer it to you.
If you bought it as a leftover in 2018, you may still be eligible for the Ford ESP, depending on when you actually bought it.
You can get a Ford ESP for a 2017 depending on mileage.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/plans.aspx?type=primary

Sponsored

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
And we wonder why dealerships have such a bad reputation. This guy sounds like heā€™d sell his mother that policy.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The Ford dealer I went to said they just don't do ESPs.

Ziegler told me you can get a Ford ESP for a 2017 and in some cases older, you just have to go through the Ford pre-ESP inspection which is standardized and costs a few hundred.
Correct. You can get a Used Vehicle ESP through Ford.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Can anyone circle back to my question around why not use Fidelity for an extended warranty?
Sponsored