Extended Warranty

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I bought a Flood Ford ESP 10+ years ago for a Lincoln LS. Was a great deal then and still is now. If you want a Ford extended warranty, get it from them 100%.

My old LS ate a transmission that was covered by the ESP plan and it convinced me to always get it on my Fords.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah, Flood and Ziegler are the two cheapest places I could find when I bought one for my F150. Still contemplating getting one for my GT. Factory warranty goes out sometime this month, but I've done and will continue to do quite a few modifications to it.
With the exception of your suspension mods there is nothing that would negatively effect the extended warranty should you decide to buy one. That could go out the door if you decided to make driveline mods.

Think of it this way. Warranties are insurance policies. You're betting something expensive will happen to your car that you would not be able to cover. If something happens you win, if not you lose. Are you a betting man? Can you afford the cost of anything that breaks? For me it was about piece of mind. That's why I have AppleCare for all my devices.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
With the exception of your suspension mods there is nothing that would negatively effect the extended warranty should you decide to buy one. That could go out the door if you decided to make driveline mods.

Think of it this way. Warranties are insurance policies. You're betting something expensive will happen to your car that you would not be able to cover. If something happens you win, if not you lose. Are you a betting man? Can you afford the cost of anything that breaks? For me it was about piece of mind. That's why I have AppleCare for all my devices.
All the electronics in this thing (premium with 401a) definitely make me think I should. That, and the pano sunroof, are why I bought one with my truck. I'm leaning towards it, especially with it only being around a grand for $0 deductible.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
If you plan on a long term ownership I would. Everything on these cars is expensive and for me to pay $1600 on a $77,000 car is a no brainer. Even a relatively small repair can easily approach the cost of an extended warranty. And if you decide to sell an extended warranty can add value to the next owner who may be concerned about the car having issues.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
this was the email i got...

"We are sending this email to alert you that Ford has announced that prices will increase on Ford|Lincoln vehicle warranties beginning October 2, 2021."
just an update. i checked the price increase from yesterday to today and my ESP went up $50, from $1610 to $1660, so about 3% increase.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Your pricing is Gt350/gt500 pricing. The person you quoted has a GT.
I donā€™t know why I struggle with this but when Iā€™m in the GT350 sub forum my brain isnā€™t in the GT sub forum.
BTW Iā€™m in the GT forum often just observing because weā€™re interested in a PPGT 10 speed.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Can someone elaborate on what Flood is and why through them rather than Ford direct?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Can someone elaborate on what Flood is and why through them rather than Ford direct?
Flood is a Ford dealer. You can't order direct, you have to go through a dealer. Your dealer won't give you as good of a price.

Flood gives the best price on this Ford-offered extended warranty, that you have to purchase through a dealer. Something like just a couple % over cost if I remember right.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Insurance policies, extended warranties, tire and wheel package policies, dent and paint insurance policies etc are very, very lucrative for whoever is selling the policy.
Once they sell you a policy, for the most part they are out of the pictureā€¦you deal with the insurance company.
All youā€™re doing as a seller is filling out some paperwork and taking the buyers money. Not much to it at all.
What Flood and the like do is deal in volume. Believe me Flood is still making money here, just not as much per policy sold.
Great gig for sure.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Flood is not necessarily best, the other two are Anderson Koch and Ziegler. all three are the best and it depends on your specific plan that you want. for me Anderson was the best but then I called Ziegler and they beat them so I went with Ziegler. flood was over $100 more for my plan compared to the others.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Flood is not necessarily best, the other two are Anderson Koch and Ziegler. all three are the best and it depends on your specific plan that you want. for me Anderson was the best but then I called Ziegler and they beat them so I went with Ziegler. flood was over $100 more for my plan compared to the others.
I have a 2017 and Flood said mine is too old for them to do it... not sure if that would be same with other two.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 and Flood said mine is too old for them to do it... not sure if that would be same with other two.
yeah i believe up to 41 mos they can do the ESP. someone i know was able to get ESP through Lombard Ford Warranty (another legit Ford seller) but they required an inspection at a dealer or something like that. Check them out.

scorch088

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
yeah i believe up to 41 mos they can do the ESP. someone i know was able to get ESP through Lombard Ford Warranty (another legit Ford seller) but they required an inspection at a dealer or something like that. Check them out.
Thanks. Yeah, I found out that after 41 months they have to do an inspection. Flood said they didn't care if I had an inspection, they don't do anything after 41 months. Zeigler said if I get an inspection from a Certified Ford Dealer then I can submit it and get a policy through them.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
They simply are a Ford dealer out of RI, that sells the Ford ESP online nationwide. And because they sell so many plans, as opposed to your local dealer, they are able to sell at a discounted price, cheaper than a local dealer. The Ford ESP has a msrp from Ford. How much a dealer sells it for, is up to the individual dealer, just like the selling price of a car. So greater volume, means greater discounts.
They are the exact same plan as what you can buy from your local dealer. Nothing omitted in the coverage.
Sponsored