Extended Warranty Refunds

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Anyone sold or traded their car and sought a refund for the extended warranty? How long did it take to get a refund?
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I'd say once paperwork is done & who you used for the VSC 60 days

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I had my Ford premium, warranty bought through Zeigler online. I went online and filled out the proper info on form and about a week and a half later had prorated money returned in a check.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
The key to a speedy refund is submit all paper work right away. Most places nowdays accept online submissions. you may have to fax it in to other places. either way, follow up to make sure paper work was received. 30-60 days is the norm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
The key to a speedy refund is submit all paper work right away. Most places nowdays accept online submissions. you may have to fax it in to other places. either way, follow up to make sure paper work was received. 30-60 days is the norm.
Thanks for the replies. I got the warranty from an online dealer that was pretty popular here on the forum. I submitted all the documents about a week after my GT350 was sold and the dealership responded within a few days saying they received the documents and submitted the request and that it could take up to 8 weeks. This was in late October and the email from the dealer stated on or about December 31st.
I'm pretty patient and waited till this morning, 10 days past the speculated promise date. Fired off an email this morning to the guy that handles them and he replied pretty quickly stating that my refund is number 2 in the queue to be issued next week.
I've never had experience with Fords extended warranty and it seemed like an awful long process.
Thanks again for the replies.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Does anyone have any experience in lieu of refunds of Ford premium extended warranties that were issued for customer satisfaction and not purchased? What happens if the car is traded in?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just curious why you wouldn't have the extended warranty stay with the car for whoever bought it and factor in to the price? Didn't have any idea they were refundable.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Just curious why you wouldn't have the extended warranty stay with the car for whoever bought it and factor in to the price? Didn't have any idea they were refundable.
I would if I could. I was under the impression is only possible to transfer if I sell to a private individual.

Sponsored

UFGator350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Its prorated based on age, mileage, and admin fee if I recall. I 'll see if I can find my paperwork.
Sponsored