Steeda non-adjustable dampers
Steeda bump stops
Steeda Camber plates
Steeda Bump steer kit
Steeda Front Roll Center correction kit
Steeda Rear Billet mounts
Steeda Adjustable rear toe links
Steeds Extreme G Trac brace

I live in the country and have to deal with some rough roads. How harsh should I expect the ride to be? I feel like it is bottoming out when I hit potholes and bumps. I am feeling some pretty harsh bangs when I hit these. I am coming from a stock non-pp set-up.
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I have the springs and have the same problem. Was going to get the Steeda shock and struts to see if it improved but see you are having same issue with them.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
There should be no banging, make sure your bump stops are correctly trimmed. On another note, the production stops will deteriorate over time. Rodney one of our top sales reps has the same exact set up and lives down a bumpy dirt road with no issues.
Please pm your contact info and we will have the Steeda team reach out to you.
Thank you,
Steeda tech

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Get some low profile jacking rails installed. You will bottom out in a big way some day. This will
mitagate the damage.

Don’t ask me how I know...

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
For sure even the progressive springs will provide a slightly firmer ride than the OEM base model, but “crashing” seems odd.

Did you have a bunch of people in the car when you experienced the crashing? What size wheels/tires are you running and at what offset? Did you install the tall or short-stack bumpstops?

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
For sure even the progressive springs will provide a slightly firmer ride than the OEM base model, but “crashing” seems odd.

Did you have a bunch of people in the car when you experienced the crashing? What size wheels/tires are you running and at what offset? Did you install the tall or short-stack bumpstops?

I drove into a snow covered sink hole. Shit happens but more often on lowered cars. Expect the unexpected...

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Rodney, one of our top sales reps, has the same exact set up & lives down a bumpy dirt road w/no issues.
Both OrangCrush & yessirrom appear to reside in Texas. And I know Rodney, & have been down his street. Having lived in both FL & TX (+ CA), trust me when I say that there is NO comparison between FL "bumpy dirt roads" & TX "bumpy dirt roads"!!! :) With that said, a note to the two (2) TX drivers ... knowing your road is just as important as knowing your Mustang. If you make the choice to stiffen up your Mustang suspension, you will just have to accept that anything less than a nicely paved road will have to be driven w/a bit of caution. :whew:

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Thanks for the input. I took a ride with my mechanic on board and he didn't think it was abnormal. Of course the roads around his shop are pretty nice and it did feel fine on those. I may just need more of an off-road suspension (sarcasm) for what I am doing. Fairly high speed back roads with lots of imperfections. I am going to switch to a performance pack set-up and keep the factory height and suspension travel.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the input. I may just need more of an off-road suspension (sarcasm) for what I am doing. I am going to switch to a performance pack set-up & keep the factory height & suspension travel.
You don't need "more of an off-road suspension." You just need "more of an off-road vehicle"!!! :like:

maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the Raptor a couple of times. Not enough top speed for me.

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I looked at the Raptor a couple of times. Not enough top speed for me.
Zero argument on this end. One does not purchase a Raptor for practicality. But the same argument could be made for a Mustang. Yet, here we are. :)

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any problem with leaving everything on but changing back to factory springs? Mostly do not know if roll center correction kit and bumpstops would cause any issues.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is there any problem w/leaving everything on but changing back to factory springs? Mostly do not know if roll center correction kit & bump stops would cause any issues.
Springs determine ride height &, to some extent, ride stiffness so no issue w/reinstalling OE springs. The shock/strut is merely a dampening device for the spring so leaving them in place is not a problem. Remove the bump steer kit (no longer necessary) & reinstall the OE bump stops (leaving the shortened bumps stops in place could lead to bottoming out the shock/strut).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I also just did the Steeda suspension, car handles great but the billet shock mounts on my bumpy roads or railroad tracks make the rear sound like a rattling tool box at slower speeds. I did not lower my standard gt, just installed PP springs with fixed Proaction dampers and bushings.
So maybe try putting stock shock mounts back on first, easier than changing springs

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I also just did the Steeda suspension. The car handles great, but the billet shock mounts on my bumpy roads or railroad tracks make the rear sound like a rattling tool box at slower speeds. I did not lower my standard GT, just installed PP springs w/fixed Proaction dampers & bushings. So maybe try putting OE shock mounts back on 1st, easier than changing springs.
Any time you replace a dampening device w/a polyurethane or solid replacement, you will increase the amount of energy (noise) transmitted thru the chassis. Replacing the Proaction mounts w/the OE units should remove some of the noise transmission. However, when all is said & done, you just may find that your Proaction shocks might be responsible for more energy transmission than your solid shock mounts. :facepalm:
Sponsored