Sponsored

Exhausted of the 4cyl Haters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Remember the 1973 to 1978 Mustang?
I liked the '73 even though it was huge. To me the smaller '74-78 were much better than the '71-'73 cars. I like my '70 but it's a big car too.

Mustang II, a tiny car with an available V8. Perfect hot rodding material. I know it's fashionable to say you hate them, but I never thought they were all bad.

Heck, Charlie's Angels drove them! :)
Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I bought automatic because it's a bit faster, it still came with paddle shifters, and I put a boatload of commuter miles on the car. It's not too difficult to push in the clutch, but it CAN be bloody annoying in continuous stop-and-go traffic.

That said, there are times I still wish I got the manual anyway.
Also don't forget that the automatic is actually reliable and not made China.

That was my one and only reason for not getting a manual....wanted manual so bad.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i get the whole made in china thing that irks people. but the company is german, getrag. much like how iphones are made in china, but designed in california. sure there's a broad spectrum on the differences in quality, since there are chinese factories out there that make quality stuff in one area of the building, then complete junk on the other.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Records don't mean much to the greater population and stir up a whole bunch of cost vs purpose arguments.

The more important thing is how easy/cheap it is to get an EB to say 330rwhp/410rwtq

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Records don't mean much to the greater population and stir up a whole bunch of cost vs purpose arguments.

The more important thing is how easy/cheap it is to get an EB to say 330rwhp/410rwtq
Agreed. MAP even says the motor is a timebomb at that power level. But the 330/410 is super cost effective and safe, though we'll see I guess. The EB is the best value in the segment right now.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
The real problem I see here dystopic is that you are not happy with your purchase. If you were happy with your Stang, troll comments wouldn't be affecting you and you wouldn't have opened a thread trying to find some sort of consolation. I get nothing but praises for my '10 GT/TP even from S550ers. I do get the occasional "is not the 5.0?" But I don't care at all because I got what I wanted and I will switch to the S550 GT in a few years. If it bothers you so much, I would sell it on autotrader and take a little loss instead of spending thousands of dollars moding your current car. Just get the base GT with performance package and you will not regret it. You are the one who's gonna live with the car day to day for years, so might as well get the one you want.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The real problem I see here dystopic is that you are not happy with your purchase. If you were happy with your Stang, troll comments wouldn't be affecting you and you wouldn't have opened a thread trying to find some sort of consolation. I get nothing but praises for my '10 GT/TP even from S550ers. I do get the occasional "is not the 5.0?" But I don't care at all because I got what I wanted and I will switch to the S550 GT in a few years. If it bothers you so much, I would sell it on autotrader and take a little loss instead of spending thousands of dollars moding your current car. Just get the base GT with performance package and you will not regret it. You are the one who's gonna live with the car day to day for years, so might as well get the one you want.
Some people are easier to troll than others as well, being a troll myself nothing offends me.:ninja:

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
We all have our reasons for buying what we drive. Who is anyone to judge? For me, I keep an eye out at car meets for the unusual and the truly custom builds. Make legit, tasteful mods to that EB car and it would definitely get my attention. I would be more fascinated with that than a bone stock GT sitting next to it (and I have a GT). At the last Cars and Coffee I attended, I chatted it up with a 4 cyl Lotus owner and a guy with an Ariel Atom type car. Then there was the boat tail that I took the most pictures of, and of course the exotics. The stock Camaros, Mustangs and Vettes. Not so much time spent there. I'll probably stop and talk to the 'Stangs guys more now but mostly to see what they have done to their car.

Only a dips*** would hate on someone's car to their face. Find ppl who would appreciate it and hang with them.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
FWIW, I took my Ecoboost Performance Package Mustang to the local cruise instead of my Barracuda a couple of weeks ago. My car is Competion Orange and I parked next to a Sublime Hellcat Challenger.

There were more people hovering around my car all evening than the Hellcat. Lots of questions about the Ecoboost, the power it made, how it was to drive. A lot of people approached me wanting to know if it was a Shelby or a Rousch.

I did get a fair number of "why not the GT" and I gave them all the same response; This is my daily driver and I have a 50 mile round trip commute, gas mileage is important. Everyone was happy with my response and I didn't get one negative response all evening.

BTW, the term muscle car has been thrown around a lot in this thread. I got my drivers license in the "muscle car" era and there was a very simple definition for one. A muscle car was a mid-size sedan with a full-size sedan v8. The Pontiac GTO is credited as being the first.

Mustang, Camaros, Barracudas, Impalas, Galaxys were not muscle cars. Big block, small block wasn't part of the equation either. Only Ford, Chevy and Mopar had a "big block" and a "small block" line of engines. Everyone elses V8s regardless of displacement were all based on the same block.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Here's a good video from a guy who has owned both the '15 Ecoboost and now the '15 GT. Like most reasonable people he has absolutely nothing against the Ecoboost and even modded it. Ultimately, he switched to the GT because he got a killer deal on trading in the Ecoboost. He says his monthly payments went up $1 extra with no other money down (other than the trade-in of course) and no months added to his loan term. Hard to argue with that.

[ame]

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
Here's a good video from a guy who has owned both the '15 Ecoboost and now the '15 GT. Like most reasonable people he has absolutely nothing against the Ecoboost and even modded it. Ultimately, he switched to the GT because he got a killer deal on trading in the Ecoboost. He says his monthly payments went up $1 extra with no other money down (other than the trade-in of course) and no months added to his loan term. Hard to argue with that.

You do realize he went looking for a deal because we wasn't satisfied right?
Sponsored