Sponsored

Exhausted of the 4cyl Haters

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Hell, I call mine a lawnmower all the time. In jest, it's funny.
Extra credit if your license plate says LWNMWR.:D
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Good post OP, it's easy to say just ignore the idiots but that's really tough sometimes isn't it.:(
A bit OT: Someone has great taste in car colors. :thumbsup:
Why not "rubyprincess"?;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Which is silly, because I am female and have driven stick for over 3 decades. Having an automatic, finally, is a treat to my creaky left ankle. Not that I feel I have to justify my choice of transmission for any reason anyway. No one should feel the need.

Further, should I be concerned that, as a V8 owner, people may think I have man-parts? This car fits my outgoing personality; but I can assure you I am quite feminine. :D

I don't understand the arguments, frankly. I find them dumb and un-sexy.:rolleyes: It's supposed to be about personal preference.

We should all just relax and enjoy our beautiful stangs. The car itself already says to the haters, 'I'm badass and don't give a crap what you think'. :cheers:
It's funny - my mom, who is in her 70s, will only buy manual transmission cars.

So I really don't see how someone has to be macho to handle a manual.

I do have to admit to wanting to tease people when they say it's too difficult to push in the clutch if there is traffic. It's so hard to say nothing sometimes!

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
It's funny - my mom, who is in her 70s, will only buy manual transmission cars.

So I really don't see how someone has to be macho to handle a manual.

I do have to admit to wanting to tease people when they say it's too difficult to push in the clutch if there is traffic. It's so hard to say nothing sometimes!
I bought automatic because it's a bit faster, it still came with paddle shifters, and I put a boatload of commuter miles on the car. It's not too difficult to push in the clutch, but it CAN be bloody annoying in continuous stop-and-go traffic.

That said, there are times I still wish I got the manual anyway.

Sponsored

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
The EB Mustang puts out more HP than the original "Muscle car" Shelby GT350. That doesn't make it a muscle car though, any more than a Focus ST.
Muscle car is an old term. It's been around since the cars have been produced and most of them had large V8 engines NA that made their power with displacement, sweat and dirty white tank tops.
A car that looks like a muscle car but has a "tiny" motor, no matter how powerful, will draw frowns.
Remember the 1973 to 1978 Mustang? Not much love there either.
Ever drive down the street and see a gorgeous woman walking down the sidewalk, going the same direction as you...giving you a view from the rear? Then you slowly pass by and catch a glimpse of the front....and it's a DUDE.
Then you feel soooooo awkward for even looking? Yeah, that's the same feeling.
You'll get admiration from the new generation "tuner" kids. Muscle car enthusiasts won't like it so much and even hate on it.
I stopped by a small local car show yesterday with my 14 GT. I wasn't in it but I had about 10 kids on bicycles swarming around it. They wanted me to open the hood... And start and rev it. Not sure how they would've reacted to it if I had done both with the new ecoboost under the hood.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
So just because people were stupid in the past, means you can be stupid now. Regardless of the fact the times have changed. :doh:

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So just because people were stupid in the past, means you can be stupid now. Regardless of the fact the times have changed. :doh:
If the times had changed, we wouldn't have 12 pages to this thread,and growing,the hate for the Fox Body & Mustang II are still just as strong,I don"t think this is going to go away anytime soon.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The EB Mustang puts out more HP than the original "Muscle car" Shelby GT350. That doesn't make it a muscle car though, any more than a Focus ST.
Muscle car is an old term. It's been around since the cars have been produced and most of them had large V8 engines NA that made their power with displacement, sweat and dirty white tank tops.
A car that looks like a muscle car but has a "tiny" motor, no matter how powerful, will draw frowns.
Ever drive down the street and see a gorgeous woman walking down the sidewalk, going the same direction as you...giving you a view from the rear? Then you slowly pass by and catch a glimpse of the front....and it's a DUDE.
You'll get admiration from the new generation "tuner" kids. Muscle car enthusiasts won't like it so much and even hate on it.
I stopped by a small local car show yesterday with my 14 GT. I wasn't in it but I had about 10 kids on bicycles swarming around it. They wanted me to open the hood... And start and rev it. Not sure how they would've reacted to it if I had done both with the new ecoboost under the hood.
My nephews love the sound of the exhaust and blow off when i rev my EB. Get with the times. The Mustang is longer just a muscle car. My car gets a lot of respect and even admiration from the old guys when I go to the track and shows/meets so I would say this is probably mainly a southern issue

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Sponsored
OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The EB Mustang puts out more HP than the original "Muscle car" Shelby GT350.
True.

That doesn't make it a muscle car though, any more than a Focus ST.
Agreed.

I'd argue that the muscle car term is even more restrictive than that. I've always considered them weekend warrior drag cars. NA or Boosted doesn't matter, but they were V8s with ridiculously huge tires on the back, bulging hoods and mean roars. Stoplight racers and weekend drag racers.

The '15 Mustang doesn't really look like a Muscle Car in stock form, no matter what motor it has. I'd argue that the only car still being produced that "looks" like a Muscle Car is the Challenger.

Those were dogs. 90HP from a V6? Even less from a 4 banger? In a car being marketed as "performance" and "upmarket." Yeah, I'd be pissed too. It wasn't the size of the motor that was the problem so much as the fact that the car was derived from the Pinto and had a wheezing weakling of a motor -- even when the V8s returned to it, they sucked.

So you're basically saying that non-V8 pony cars and sports cars are gay? I mean that's the comparison I'm getting here. I'm not a fan of imports, mind you, but there are plenty of 4-banger and V6 cars that are respectably fast and non-gay. The STI is fast. The GTR is retarded-fast. Etc... Wouldn't buy 'em, but I wouldn't consider them awkward, embarrassing, or gay because they have smaller engine blocks.

Partly true. The tuner kids don't like this car because it's not a Jap car or an econobox (which I find weird - but to each their own, I suppose, they like f*cking with economy cars and making them racers). Ironically, the most love for this car seems to come from folks who used to buy European cars. You know, bargain-basement BMWs and Benzes. Because this car is faster than most of them, better looking, and cheaper. And those folks are used to Turbo-4 motors.

I don't know either. Some folks like that boosted whine sound, the blow-off valve woosh, etc... Some don't. I guess it depends on what neighborhood these kids were from.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
That flag is actually associated with the liberals along with the liberal philosophies that most despise nowadays. Conservatives abolished the confederacy and their crap policies. Now those slavers have moved on to making automobiles and enthusiasts the enemy who are evil and must be stopped and most of their Orwellian work is all about limiting the freedom to even think.
:doh: Holy Crap....

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
* Snip

* Snip
Agreed that 'muscle cars' were mostly made up of large V8 engines stuffed into small sedans and coupes. Think early 1960's Fairlane or "Chevy II." However, the developments of piston engines in WWII had not hit the auto scene yet because large displacement engines were cheaper. The answer to 'more power' was simply more displacement. The core definition of the muscle car (if you strip away the paradigm) was basically the most power and torque you could cram in the car. The paradigm settled on what was available at the time, the large V8.

Those developments in WWII with piston engines were basically the same core scenario; cram as much power as possible into the engine bay of an aircraft. A 'muscle' plane so to speak. Weight was an issue with aircraft so just stuffing larger engines in the thing was not as appealing of an option. As a result there were many developments such as multirow radial engines, supercharging (superchargers and turbochargers), water injection, fuel injection, intercoolers, multi-valve heads, overhead cams, multiple spark plugs per cylinder, swirl development and port shape, etc. All that came to an end with the invention of the jet engine.

The auto industry is just considerably late to the alternative ways of making higher specific horsepower (horsepower/liter) and the customer base is certainly not ready for some of it...paradigms are difficult things to shift. They did try 'turbines' back in the 60's and '70's (a jet engine in your car) but that never really took off so to speak.

So if the core 'muscle car' scenario is kept in mind and the paradigm of the monster engine is dropped, the idea of squeezing the most power into the engine bay as possible is still yielding muscle cars today. Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, and similar competitors can be considered muscle cars. The Mustang EB would not be because it is not the top HP powerplant available in the car. The GT definitely is a muscle car.

However, be prepared that someday the top 'muscle car' may actually be the largest electric motor one can squeeze into the engine bay of a small sedan or coupe. Enter the Tesla stage right....
Sponsored