Sponsored

Exhausted of the 4cyl Haters

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This is kind of just a rant. Make of it what you will.

I drop by a lot of local Mustang events. And some of the crews around here are cool. There's one group called "Pony Up" which is absolutely awesome.

But, unsurprisingly, there are a lot of other groups which are, charitably speaking, less than enthusiastic about anybody with a 4cyl Mustang. I'm quite exhausted of them. It's sad, because my EB could smoke more than half the cars at these meets, so it's not a wheezing weakling, comparatively. And the S550s look great. Even the haters usually agree on that. It sounds like crap, but no worse than some of the V6s and straight-sixes that show up to these meets.

So what is it? If it's not the performance, not the looks, and not even the sound... why the hate? It kind of wrecks the experience when you're talking with good folks, and the inevitable loud-mouthed butt-bugler shows up spewing hate. They'll interrupt a good conversation, insert themselves rudely where they aren't wanted, with "this isn't a muscle car."

They feel a special need to go f*ck with people they've never met, trashing on a car they obviously don't want, just to say this. I don't really understand this. It's not like I'm asking them to bow down to my car or some sh*t.

One 60-70 year old guy stated "Ecoboost? Like a Prius? What a piece of crap." Yeah... a Prius that puts 300HP and 400TQ to the wheels with just a f*cking tune. Sure. A Prius that'll hit the 12s in the 1/4 with a good set of slicks and an aggressive tune.

I bought my Mustang for a lot of reasons. One, I've always loved them, since I was a kid. Two, I put 100 miles a day on my cars, so the gas savings are non-trivial. Three, I don't like owing the bank money, so I paid cash for a lesser car instead of financing the greater one. Four, I figured with a tune and minor mods, I'd easily compete with most V8s on the road anyway.

And five, I always wanted to have a car I could take down the meets, drink beer and bullsh*t with folks about.

Seems like number five was a bust. It's a disappointment, and I may just stop going to them now, because it's exhausting saying the same sh*t every time. If I had a 4.6 V8, which posts similar stock HP/TQ numbers, I bet I'd be dealing with a lot less hate -- and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd get a better welcome with this car at a f*cking ricer meet.

This was just a rant. Feel free to agree, disagree, or tell me that I was a crazy f*ck for buying this car in the first place.
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium

I drop by a lot of local Mustang events. And some of the crews around here are cool. There's one group called "Pony Up" which is absolutely awesome.

But, unsurprisingly, there are a lot of other groups which are, charitably speaking, less than enthusiastic about anybody with a 4cyl Mustang. I'm quite exhausted of them. It's sad, because my EB could smoke more than half the cars at these meets, so it's not a wheezing weakling, comparatively. And the S550s look great. Even the haters usually agree on that. It sounds like crap, but no worse than some of the V6s and straight-sixes that show up to these meets.

So what is it? If it's not the performance, not the looks, and not even the sound... why the hate? It kind of wrecks the experience when you're talking with good folks, and the inevitable loud-mouthed butt-bugler shows up spewing hate. They'll interrupt a good conversation, insert themselves rudely where they aren't wanted, with "this isn't a muscle car."

They feel a special need to go f*ck with people they've never met, trashing on a car they obviously don't want, just to say this. I don't really understand this. It's not like I'm asking them to bow down to my car or some sh*t.

One 60-70 year old guy stated "Ecoboost? Like a Prius? What a piece of crap." Yeah... a Prius that puts 300HP and 400TQ to the wheels with just a f*cking tune. Sure. A Prius that'll hit the 12s in the 1/4 with a good set of slicks and an aggressive tune.

I bought my Mustang for a lot of reasons. One, I've always loved them, since I was a kid. Two, I put 100 miles a day on my cars, so the gas savings are non-trivial. Three, I don't like owing the bank money, so I paid cash for a lesser car instead of financing the greater one. Four, I figured with a tune and minor mods, I'd easily compete with most V8s on the road anyway.

And five, I always wanted to have a car I could take down the meets, drink beer and bullshit with folks about.

Seems like number five was a bust. It's a disappointment, and I may just stop going to them now, because it's exhausting saying the same sh*t every time. If I had a 4.6 V8, which posts similar stock HP/TQ numbers, I bet I'd be dealing with a lot less hate -- and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd get a better welcome with this car at a f*cking ricer meet.

This was just a rant. Feel free to agree, disagree, or tell me that I was a crazy f*ck for buying this car in the first place.
people who really know cars.. will not hate them..

2. We all mustang and camaro cars... but we should not forget... these were never muscle or american hot rods.. these were pony or Secretary cars and still they are called pony cars for a reason...

3. i4 has fucking huge potential, many people are touching 11s with a tune and very minor mods.

4. v8s is a dying breed., we love them .. but with demand of time theya re dying.. and in few years we will miss the growl..

5. haters and jackasses will be arn... and half of them who make fun cannot even afford this car...

so relax

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Hey dystopic, I can see how you'd be full of the haters like that.

They are no better and pay daily $$ to feed the almighty Coyote.

Besides, lots of future high perf cars will be turbo 4s and 6s with better gas mileage and faster.

Next one says something like that I'd have to sit on myself to stop from saying "awww, do you want a hug Mr. Coyote?";)

I'm only jumping in on a Coyote because I didn't get a chance as a young hot rodder in the 60s and I've been in manual transmission Acuras most of my family and single life.

Eco Boost Stangs rock... too! :cheers:

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
some people just like to put people down so they can feel more special about themselves.
they probably dont like the fact that you also own a Mustang so they trivialize your Ecoboost. It's all about maturity. I wanted a V8 because but ended up getting a Ecoboost myself. when I see another mustang v6 or V8, I dont see them as better or worse than my ecoboost. they are just different. they drive and sound differently but are all capable. how many people actually NEED a v8?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Hey dystopic, I can see how you'd be full of the haters like that.

They are no better and pay daily $$ to feed the almighty Coyote.

Besides, lots of future high perf cars will be turbo 4s and 6s with better gas mileage and faster.

Next one says something like that I'd have to sit on myself to stop from saying "awww, do you want a hug Mr. Coyote?";)

I'm only jumping in on a Coyote because I didn't get a chance as a young hot rodder in the 60s and I've been in manual transmission Acuras most of my family and single life.

Eco Boost Stangs rock... too! :cheers:
hahah nice.. one but yes coyote is dying breed.. and it is majorly due to demand of time...and changing trends

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

And five, I always wanted to have a car I could take down the meets, drink beer and bullsh*t with folks about.

What you're dealing with is perception and that will not change for a long time till turbos are standard in these cars in about 5-10 years.

Yep we all know that the 4 cylinder existed before this one in the Mustang but that really doesn't matter to these people.

Ford has quite a job on them to change this perception.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I'm jealous of how clean the EBs and V6s look without the fender badges.

All meets have their share of snobs and jerks. It's just a matter of finding the true car people who like anything that rolls in as long as the owner cares about it.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Ignore the people bashing the ecoboost. All versions of the mustang are responsible for it having a 50 year straight run, For all the other brand haters, none of their cars have had a continuous run. They were shut down and brought back. People want to bash the 4 and 6 cyl mustangs but by selling those cars it keeps the sells numbers up and allows the mustang to continue being built as well as improved. Even the black sheep of the family the Mustang II played it's roll in limping the mustang along.

In short if they are talking shit they have bigger problems than you. True car guys can appreciate all cars even if it may not be the car for them.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
good point.
this is what i always believe.. all cars specially mustangs ... are special... for me doesn matter 6,4,8... everyone has there own needs and goals// and one the basis of that they make the choices what they wanna buy..

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
What you're dealing with is perception and that will not change for a long time till turbos are standard in these cars in about 5-10 years.

Yep we all know that the 4 cylinder existed before this one in the Mustang but that really doesn't matter to these people.

Ford has quite a job on them to change this perception.
Hate to say never but it'll never change. V8's can be long gone and this attitude will still be around...You'll have ego maniacs making comments because you have the non-turbo model or the smaller turbo or the non premium...all sorts of ridiculousness comments...

I call it...Welcome to Life!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The air is even more rarefied on GT500 forums and the like, trust me.... ;)

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
just wait till you have the jerks with 2016 Mustangs...

At least one 2016 owner will bash a 15 real quick...making fun of you because you bought the first year model and how the 15's have problems and how perfect the 16's rolled off the line and whatever else that suits their fancy. Mark my word!

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Don't care how others feel about my GT anymore then you should care about others feelings towards your EB. Drive the shit outta it and enjoy it! You can't see what motor is under the hood from the driver seat....

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Not sure where in Fla you are, but since you mention Pony Up, I'm guessing the Tampa area and yeah, they are a good group. In Orlando you have the Untouchable Mustangs and they are another great group that could care less that you have an EB. There are actually several of them that show up at meets.

One good thing about Mustang groups is they are a dime a dozen. If there are pricks in one, move on. It's not worth the effort to try and explain yourself and you shouldn't have to.
Sponsored