Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
My diving modes have been pretty inconsistent in operation. The problem is clearly centered in operation of the exhaust valve. It's never been a huge problem, but it's become more and more unreliable, so I took it in my my local Ford Dealership. I like the men and women at this dealership and they always make an effort to give me good service, but this is getting frustrating.

I've been there 3 times in the last week for this issue. 1st time, they assumed they could just unstick it, perhaps lubricate it.... They told me it would likely be a nothing fix. OUTSTANDING! But, not so as it didn't work. They informed me that they would just replace the whole unit and it would fix the problem. Cost $475... well heck, but I want to hear my exhaust and I want to be able to put it in weather mode as rainy season is coming and 500+ ponies in the rain with these tires can be a hand full. So, ok replace the unit. That done, it still didn't work. So back it goes, they decide the relay is the issue and replace it. Still doesn't work. I have the car at home now. I'll be bringing it back next week, but they clearly don't have any idea what's going on.

So I turn to you my brothers in the family of the flat plane crank. I'm assuming I'm not close to the only one having these issues. Is there anyone who can share some wisdom??? Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Exhaust valve Tech Service Bulletin 18-2290A. For GT350/R's built on or before June 30, 2017. It involves a PCM reflash. Not saying that's your issue, but worth checking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Exhaust valve Tech Service Bulletin 18-2290A. For GT350/R's built on or before June 30, 2017. It involves a PCM reflash. Not saying that's you're issue, but worth checking.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some research. You would think that my dealership would know this.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Any resolution to this? I have the same issue, have had the PCM reflash, no help - passenger side valve inconsistent.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
I have a 2019. Mine’s not inconsistent as such but noticeably muffled in sport mode. There is still a marked difference between normal and sport but the sport mode is a lot quieter than it used to be. Before you say I got used to the sound, my buddy also made a comment on his own without me asking about it.

This issue started when the temps dropped to 30s/40s and starting raining here in the Bay Area so I chalked this one up to cold weather. I’m kinda hoping it’ll fix itself once it gets warm.
Sponsored