marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Hi guys,

I did a muffler delete on my car a couple of years ago, but I think it sounds too loud and un-refined. If my car was a manual i think it would be okay but as an auto the revs seem to stay at the same level constantly so it just ends up sounding droney most of the time.

Im considering re-fitting my mufflers to return to a bit more of a palatable sound but that'll be way too boring then...! Has anyone had similar experience, or have any recommendations for a nice sounding exhaust on an auto? I want the V8 burble, but not the obscene volume!

Chris.
Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Hi guys,

I did a muffler delete on my car a couple of years ago, but I think it sounds too loud and un-refined. If my car was a manual i think it would be okay but as an auto the revs seem to stay at the same level constantly so it just ends up sounding droney most of the time.

Im considering re-fitting my mufflers to return to a bit more of a palatable sound but that'll be way too boring then...! Has anyone had similar experience, or have any recommendations for a nice sounding exhaust on an auto? I want the V8 burble, but not the obscene volume!

Chris.
I fitted Roush axles backs to my 2017 Auto and sounded great no drone , I then added a h pipe and the drone was awful so I removed it and just kept the Roush nice and burbling on Tickover but quite aggressive when you floor it

OP
OP
marzman

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
I fitted Roush axles backs to my 2017 Auto and sounded great no drone , I then added a h pipe and the drone was awful so I removed it and just kept the Roush nice and burbling on Tickover but quite aggressive when you floor it
Cheers - thats really good to know. :like:

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
I had Roush axle backs fitted to my Auto last year. I get what you mean about the constant rev/noise issue so I always now drive in manual mode. I got some paddle shift carbon extensions off ebay - makes a real difference!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I have a roush axleback for sale but I'm selling with h pipe. Had it on my auto. Lovely sound. Recent host of mods have but a lot of road noise in the cabin so I changed the exhaust to a one that is as loud but with no drone. Plus sound insulation.

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve been through many set ups on both my mustangs (both autos) and been after something that doesn’t rasp or drone. I currently have the road legal Ford Performance by Borla which sounds good but is too quiet. I wrongly assumed the centre resonator would be of the same chambered design as the stand alone one that Ford Performance offer in the US. Alas, it is just a bigger version of the one fitted to the Borla Touring system. This is what kills the sound, it quietens the exhaust even more than the stock resonator.

If I hadn’t laid out so much cash and had my time over again, I would go for the Ford Performance touring exhaust (supplied with X pipe) and if it was too loud/raspy add the Ford Performance resonator. I could’ve got this whole setup for less than I paid for my current one.

I reckon the latter of those setups would give the best balance of volume and tone and wouldn’t introduce any drone

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
If I hadn’t laid out so much cash and had my time over again, I would go for the Ford Performance touring exhaust (supplied with X pipe) and if it was too loud/raspy add the Ford Performance resonator. I could’ve got this whole setup for less than I paid for my current one.

I reckon the latter of those setups would give the best balance of volume and tone and wouldn’t introduce any drone
This is my set up... Ford performance touring with FP resonator. Although now I’m running with Streetfighter LTH it still not to loud but has a nice tone..

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I’ve been through many set ups on both my mustangs (both autos) and been after something that doesn’t rasp or drone. I currently have the road legal Ford Performance by Borla which sounds good but is too quiet. I wrongly assumed the centre resonator would be of the same chambered design as the stand alone one that Ford Performance offer in the US. Alas, it is just a bigger version of the one fitted to the Borla Touring system. This is what kills the sound, it quietens the exhaust even more than the stock resonator.

Yea i did same think luckily got my exhaust really cheep so dropped the resonator and put in xpipe love the sound now.
resonator in loft I think it did 300 miles before i changed it out lol
Sponsored