Aussie-up-north

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Okay,

So after a bullshit insurance issue a while ago where they deemed I was street racing from “data” they pulled from my car I need to get into dark mode.

What ideas what y’all got.

I need to disable my radios telematics.

I have to get around this EDR “black box”.

I believe a lot of the crash data is in the ACM. So I could relocat it under the seat and carry a blank one and biff the dirty one in a bush.

Now don’t be staying the smart things. We are all in line for a crash someday.
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
A while back I read an article on exactly this. Specifically, who does the data that exists on your car’s computers belong to and who should be able to have unrestricted access to it. If I were you I’d find a way to physically lock the port with something like this.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
These cars store data in multiple spots. Most can be reset via forscan but I don't think the airbag module can reset that way

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Okay,

So after a bullshit insurance issue a while ago where they deemed I was street racing from “data” they pulled from my car I need to get into dark mode.

What ideas what y’all got.

I need to disable my radios telematics.

I have to get around this EDR “black box”.

I believe a lot of the crash data is in the ACM. So I could relocat it under the seat and carry a blank one and biff the dirty one in a bush.

Now don’t be staying the smart things. We are all in line for a crash someday.
So your Canadian insurance company requested the prior accident car black box data? That is not good...
Sponsored