Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Ford pre 2022 euro's have a dot sae number.?
If not, An officer can make a stink about them, and you will lose in court.
I’ve been pulled over a time or two and never had a issue. Asked an officer in my hood and was told as long as you have those red reflectors above the exhaust and your tail lights illuminate red when you step on brake you’re good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
They are straight so more for 2015-17 unless you like the straight ones over the 2018+ curve
Mine was a 2019, and I thought they still looked good on it. But I took them back off because I decided to sell the car and I forgot to return them

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been pulled over a time or two and never had a issue. Asked an officer in my hood and was told as long as you have those red reflectors above the exhaust and your tail lights illuminate red when you step on brake you’re good.
It’s funny that you mention that. I’m 53 and grew up in Chicago and the fact that you were pulled over because the tail lights don’t look red is idiotic. I was also an officer and when I was younger then no color was allowed in the front of the car except white. Over the years things have changed and now we’ve got diode green, red, purple, etc. and that was not allowed when I was there. They would’ve been pulled over and ticketed immediately. Colored lights in the front like blue and red were for squad cars, ambulances and fire engines. I may sound old but in Illinois that’s the way it was.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a 2019, and I thought they still looked good on it. But I took them back off because I decided to sell the car and I forgot to return them
I actually like the straight look as well and almost went with straight for my 2021 but truthfully my son made the call for me since I was on the fence about it.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
There is no dot number. Dot is a set of standards that a light that is required ( like headlights and taillights) on your car has to meet. There is no company verifying that these lights are made to this standard. Companies that make lights are expected to use these standards but they are not sent off to be tested and certified. Any company can say that there lights are DOT. This is easy to beat in court.

OP
OP

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I'm stuck between changing my grille to rtr vent with lights or to switch my tail lights to euros.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Those of us that owned a FACTORY G8 v8 gt with the clear lights till lit, have had a different outcome.
G.m. had to address this in court as the top option g8 tail lights were different than the lower trims and did NOT have the sae dot number.
I just thought I'd put it out there before hand before someone buys a set of aftermarket units and finds out the haard way with ticket in hand.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
There is no dot number. Dot is a set of standards that a light that is required ( like headlights and taillights) on your car has to meet. There is no company verifying that these lights are made to this standard. Companies that make lights are expected to use these standards but they are not sent off to be tested and certified. Any company can say that there lights are DOT. This is easy to beat in court.
Not really, factory g.m. holden tail lights lost in court for exactly this.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those of us that owned a FACTORY G8 v8 gt with the clear lights till lit, have had a different outcome.
G.m. had to address this in court as the top option g8 tail lights were different than the lower trims and did NOT have the sae dot number.
I just thought I'd put it out there before hand before someone buys a set of aftermarket units and finds out the haard way with ticket in hand.
806D9925-3289-4217-AA6F-2ED2F1E7BDA6.gif

I will take my chances and enjoy my car the way I want it. If it costs me a few bucks in form of a ticket I will survive. I appreciate the concern though. Peace

Sponsored

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
I got mine through S550euros (Instagram account) about 2 years ago. They are the smoked version.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

DMELO2247

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 2015 50th Anniversary 2016 3.7
Im interested in getting euros for my 21 antimatter blue. The only thing is ive seen people removing interior parts for a yellow cable that goes to the 3rd brake lamp?? Is this the case for all euro lights or only some?

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Im interested in getting euros for my 21 antimatter blue. The only thing is ive seen people removing interior parts for a yellow cable that goes to the 3rd brake lamp?? Is this the case for all euro lights or only some?
It was the case for my euros. Installation was simple. Didn't take much work to hide the wires.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
LOL, I wish officers would enforce the headlamp laws, I'm tired of being blinded by LED replacement bulbs in halogen reflectors.
Sponsored