luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Hello,

I've ordered a Mustang GT in Europe, Italy to be precise. I've customized it with MagneRide.
Does anybody knows the current status of deliveries in Europe? I know my dealer has at least two different Mustangs coming in the next months (one being a convertible and the other being a Fastback), and I've been given an estimate delivery of 6-8 months and I have a contract where the dealer would pay penalties after the 11th month of wait.
Other EU residents, what are your waiting times?

By the way, does somebody knows how EU cars are produced at Flat Rock? They are mixed with other cars? They make them in a special batch every few month?
Sponsored

awpe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2008 VW Touareg V10 TDI, Mustang Mach 1 MP N2488
Ordered MP Mach 1 manual in Prague at the end of October 2021, first PD 11/02/2022 then 04/03 then 17/03 then 11/04 now 30/05, I've been told by dealer that Ford collecting orders before shipping and shipping itself is always planned within a month, so time between PD and DD is estimated for 2 month as minumum and for whatever it takes as maximum. Sadly there is no penalties for dealer in my contract, only ~12k USD non-refundable deposit... But having seen the photos I don't regret (yet 😂).

OP
OP
luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Did you got this information from Ford or from your dealer? I see people in the USA receives a bunch of emails that we are not getting about order progress. Is it correct?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Only dealer can tell you the updates. They shift them as factory was closed several times for weeks...

I waited 10 months for Mach 1 last year (January 7th - October 6th, order itself was made by dealer in December 2020), build date was 29th July, factory was closed 3 months in total from that time. Delivery to dealer was around 2 months.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Only your dealer can give you updates, ordered a GT in December with factory closers with chip shortages, it’s missed many build dates but with luck we could be looking at getting it built this week, then you need to allow a couple of months for it to arrive

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
$12K non refundable deposit gotta love CEE....
It is refundable if the dealer can't honour the order, or if the delivery is delayed.
Of course it isn't refundable if you cancel the order on a whim, just because you've changed your mind. Which is only right and proper - after all, that's precisely the purpose of a deposit, isn't it?

Why not buy in USA, ship to Germany for EU homogolization?
Because it's extremely complicated and expensive, obviously.

OP
OP
luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Because it's extremely complicated and expensive, obviously.
I confirm. I tried to explore that route and that's why I decided to order from a dealer.
The cars are less equipped and cost more (there is the import taxes, intermediaries and the importer charge to take into account).
It does not make sense when Ford sell the UE variant at a lower price and better equipped.

On top of that, many importer have unsold cars from two or three years back with some hundred miles on it and who knows how many test drives (I'm sure with WOT and rough driving) that try to sell as "new".
No thanks.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride
Hello,

I've ordered a Mustang GT in Europe, Italy to be precise. I've customized it with MagneRide.
Does anybody knows the current status of deliveries in Europe? I know my dealer has at least two different Mustangs coming in the next months (one being a convertible and the other being a Fastback), and I've been given an estimate delivery of 6-8 months and I have a contract where the dealer would pay penalties after the 11th month of wait.
Other EU residents, what are your waiting times?

By the way, does somebody knows how EU cars are produced at Flat Rock? They are mixed with other cars? They make them in a special batch every few month?
I have a similar order sent end of January in Spain and I will get it delivered in August, so ~8 months sound plausible. My contract was also done with an end of October deadline, but even with that they couldn't promise an exact time window. So I'm positively surprised with how my order is going.

As for the production, I'm not sure, it seems that left-hand drive cars get scheduled and produced quicker than what the Australians report for example, I see a lot of them write about 12+ months of waiting times in some cases.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it helps, here is my timeline from it leaving Flat Rock to arriving at my UK dealer :
  • ‘Released’ & ‘Awaiting Shipment’ : 15/07/20
  • ‘Delivered’ : 21/07/20 (‘Expected arrival date in the US port’ : 21/07/20)
  • ‘Compound In’ : 21/07/20 (From UK dealer system, NOT from tracker)
  • Sailed : 09/08/20 (From UK dealer system)
  • Arrived (Liverpool Docks) : 26/08/20 (From UK dealer system)
  • Arrived (UK Dealer) : 03/09/20
Note : I only have an sample batch size of one :like:

WD :like:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know guys in Budapest doi g it all the time making tons of money off it ...anyway best of luck!
Several US Mach 1's (base with cloth seats) were on sale here for more than I bought my Mach 1 EU (Premium)... You can't save much, add 21% VAT, 10% customs, transportation, seller margin... And 0-2 year warranty and limited official serviceability... when I can have official 7 year warranty and service etc. In other words, easy to say, hard to do. When it's possible officially, it's better to get it officially.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No sense counting pennies the HU guys are bringing in few year old cars from USA and Germany....
Everything used that comes here from USA is crashed and sold in auctions. Especially Polish and Latvians are famous for repairing those and selling them like barely used... I wouldn't touch any used Mustang with 10-foot pole, lol. Look on your used car prices that you have from last year, Mustangs are sold for more than they cost brand new in 2015-2019...

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
I wonder what are the odds that my order from December 21 still get's scheduled before the MY23 is revealed and if it's even worth waiting any longer.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I wonder what are the odds that my order from December 21 still get's scheduled before the MY23 is revealed and if it's even worth waiting any longer.
You know the MY23 is still the S550, the MY24 is the S650
702711ED-F894-46C5-AB1F-D3759AB5414E.jpeg

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
I know but the color I ordered is not even available in 2023.
So I would be forced to modify my order and that's the moment when price protection is gone.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I know but the color I ordered is not even available in 2023.
So I would be forced to modify my order and that's the moment when price protection is gone.
Shouldn’t effect the price as my current GT had to change the colour and they honoured the original price 👍
Your biggest problem I would of thought is wether the MY23 will even come to Europe as word has it that it will not come to the UK as EU rules change 1st Jan
Sponsored