Sponsored

Waiting...the struggle is real

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride
My order was confirmed on 17 February, I have zero updates ever since then. No VIN, dealer has no news either. At the time of signing the order, he said to have a worst case of ~8 months lead time, so I would get the car latest by end of October. (I hope it will happen much sooner though.)

How many e-mails did you receive from Ford? Did they send you more details about VIN allocation, etc., or all the updates you got are from the dealer?
Guess who just got his VIN allocated last Friday for his European Mustang GT! 🎉 I asked today the dealer and even he was surprised that all these details popped up, because earlier last week there was nothing.

Apparently, my order was already submitted on 28 January, confirmed on 17 February. Now the VIN allocated on 22 April. My estimated production date ("segmentation date") is 6 June. Estimated delivery 13 August.
Sponsored

flarecz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Flare
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible GT
This is not fair! :sunglasses: ... but congratulations! On the other hand, the mid of August is more less the end of the season for us here in the central Europe ... I guess you can happily drive with no rain (or snow) till October in Spain.

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
yeah it's a real struggle

ordered mine last month. Nothing other than confirmed order. '22 EB 200A. First time I ever bought a new car and so far the experience has not been a positive one. Always drove junk my entire driving life, over 30 years of it.

Truck is on it's last leg and there ain't nothing available in the area that is inexpensive to replace it with. Diesel $6/gal and the engine needs some work. Dealers have become, used car dealers (not Used mustang dealers, either...)and preorder dealers.

I work for one (though not ford) and I've been watching the trend slowly go this direction for a number of years now.

the whole situation is not looking good....

Hook88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible - Atlas Blue
APRIL FOOLS!

My car was built on 4-1. I received an email a couple of days later saying it was shipped and should arrive at my dealer between April 15-21. I was really excited to about the communication!

No updates, no car, no nothing until April 26, when I receive another email from Ford stating “for my satisfaction” they changed the delivery date to May 3-9. Well today is May 9, and still no car.

Before the first email I had anticipated it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive, but I am bummed because they are the ones that told me I would get the car mid April, and it just keeps dragging on since. Who knows, maybe it’s this week. My dealership is in Orlando, Florida so it’s not like it’s some obscure or remote low volume location.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Have you looked outside your state? I was looking to buy my 2021 last year in August and I had to go literally 2000km outside of where I live to find the colour and features I wanted. I had her shipped via enclosed vehicle transport. I know people who are STILL waiting.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
I’ve been looking at both new AND used just on the chance I’ll see something. Doesn’t even need to be same options and color but I still don’t see anything within a 200 mi radius.

Most I see are disgusting rental verts with the front license plate bracket drilled in.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
APRIL FOOLS!....

No updates, no car, no nothing until April 26, when I receive another email from Ford stating “for my satisfaction” they changed the delivery date to May 3-9. Well today is May 9, and still no car.....
Maybe they are changing the color too!? 😳
Joking.. lets hope you'll be driving soon! 🏎

rixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 2019 Subaru BRZ TSI
Ford announced a production halt for the Mustang for the first week of MAY.
So that should add at least another week.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride
Guess who just got his VIN allocated last Friday for his European Mustang GT! 🎉 I asked today the dealer and even he was surprised that all these details popped up, because earlier last week there was nothing.

Apparently, my order was already submitted on 28 January, confirmed on 17 February. Now the VIN allocated on 22 April. My estimated production date ("segmentation date") is 6 June. Estimated delivery 13 August.
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray with Magneride:
01/28/2022 -> order submitted (but shows up as confirmation date)
02/17/2022 -> confirmation e-mail
04/22/2022 -> VIN allocated
06/06/2022 -> 06/16/2022 -> 06/17/2022 -> blend date
06/10/2022 -> window sticker available
06/20/2022 -> AS Built data, Sync update date popped up
06/21/2022 -> built, awaiting shipment

Original delivery estimate was 08/13/2022 with the original blend date of 06/06, let's see where will we end up.

Interesting fact: for EU Mustangs, the online tracking is available on the Canada website (but not on the US one): https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking

The order number is in the window sticker, under the Item # section (those 4 numbers in the middle).

By the way, I was never able to download the window sticker from the https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8Cxxxx website, it keeps throwing errors. But I could get it through forum members from here.

Anyway, you don't really have to know the order number in reality, because you can just put your VIN directly in the address and go directly to the tracking page: https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=1FA6P8Cxxxxx (put your VIN here)

Once the car is built, the Sync map updates section shows the last update date in any of the local Ford websites as well.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray with Magneride:
01/28/2022 -> order submitted (but shows up as confirmation date)
02/17/2022 -> confirmation e-mail
04/22/2022 -> VIN allocated
06/06/2022 -> 06/16/2022 -> 06/17/2022 -> blend date
06/10/2022 -> window sticker available
06/20/2022 -> AS Built data, Sync update date popped up
06/21/2022 -> built, awaiting shipment

Original delivery estimate was 08/13/2022 with the original blend date of 06/06, let's see where will we end up.

Interesting fact: for EU Mustangs, the online tracking is available on the Canada website (but not on the US one): https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking

The order number is in the window sticker, under the Item # section (those 4 numbers in the middle).

By the way, I was never able to download the window sticker from the https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8Cxxxx website, it keeps throwing errors. But I could get it through forum members from here.

Anyway, you don't really have to know the order number in reality, because you can just put your VIN directly in the address and go directly to the tracking page: https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=1FA6P8Cxxxxx (put your VIN here)

Once the car is built, the Sync map updates section shows the last update date in any of the local Ford websites as well.
Doesn’t seem to work for UK cars 🥲
I noticed research Machanics doesn’t work any more for new car
Ordered mine on 13th December and it was built on the 13th May and it’s still in the USA 🥲 with a estimated delivery date of 27th July seeings how it had to be registered before 1st July before new EU regulations come into force, that’s going to be interesting to see what happens there

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Don't lose your faith! Waiting can be real hard.
But in this particular historical moment I'm happy that we can have these kind of "problems" anyway...

Did somebody already name his future or current Mustang? I never named a car but after trying a loaner GT 5.0 Convertible, manual which had everything wrong:
  • Gearing is messed up with 2 overdrive gears
  • No MagneRide
  • Convertible handling is floppy at high speed, and more noisy, and more heavy
  • The car was badly abused with 1 cylinder misfiring (diagnosed via ForScan)
... I fell in love with the car this February. Yes, a convertible in Milan winter....

Now waiting for a Fastback with 10R80, MagneRide and Mustang Pack (seats, B&O, all the bells and whistles..)
Gonna name her Janey, shorthand for Plain Jane.

Ret_Sgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert, 19 Ranger, 12 E350, 11 GL450
Ok, so here’s my story for those who care. My first car was a Ford Mustang. My dad and I rebuilt a ’64 and a ’66 when I was in high school (he still has the ’66). After I gradated college, I bought a ’68, low mileage with factory air but had to sell it when I got married and wanted to buy a house. I wish I didn’t sell it, but the good news is that my father bought it from me and he still owns it.

I retired nearly three years ago after almost 30 years as a cop (I know, I know…). I wanted to purchase a Kona blue convertible then, but our daughter was just starting college and our son High School so I was the good father and didn’t. I went back to work full time, my wife and I have saved money our careers and (until recently with the stock market’s collapse) had a lot of money invested and we kept saving.

This winter I was diagnosed with cancer, it’s been treated and (the doctors tell me) I’m fine, but it got me to thinking. I don’t want to piss away our savings, but you just don’t know how long you have.

So, on March 10th, I went in and ordered a ’22 Atlas Blue GT Convertible. It’s a 401A, AT, Magneride, Performance Package, Active Exhaust.

On 4/21 I got an email with my VIN and a build week of 6/13. Then on 5/4, another email, build week of 6/20. Then on 5/31, another dreaded email with the build week pushed back to 6/27. Then the emails stopped, I have not received another email. On 6/16 I got on FPC and was told my build week is now 7/18.

Last week I clicked the magic button, and low and behold I have a window sticker and a blend date of 7/23. Still no additional emails from Ford and crickets from my salesman.

So, hopefully I will have a few good days to enjoy it before winter sets in.

Good luck to everyone playing the waiting game.
Sponsored