Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
So Mach 1 is going global according to Fords announcement. I think it will be pretty interesting what they will offer here in Europe, so I made a topic so this isn't going under in the main Mach 1 topic.

To me it seems likely that they go with the same tuning the EU Bullitt currently is, which is 460 PS and 529 Nm (comp. to 486 PS and 569 Nm US specs).

I also kind of doubting that we get the handling package. The huge frontsplitter and the huge wing could be problem for our strict homologation rules. But I really hope the handling package will still be offered, the wheels on Sport Cup 2 and the big spoiler is doing a lot for the awesome looks of the Mach 1.

Will be really interesting when they will reveal the EU Mach 1, hopefully it launches not much later than the US model

Here are some photoshop versions how the EU model should look like:
mach1_eu_01.jpg
mach1_eu_02.jpg
mach1_eu_03.jpg
mach1_eu_04.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great job on the Photoshops, Ace :like:

It'll be interesting to see what we're offered. My ideal spec would be the handling pack but with the 10-speed auto. I honestly think the latter will broaden the appeal and create more sales, which is surely what they want. So, potentially they'll only offer the non-HP. I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with a replica HP wheel package and the Swing wing is already available.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are some differences apart from the visuals between the HP and none HP variant.

Rear sway bar and EPA's/steering and potentially some other things that are not known now.

However the A10 really suits the engine had a blast in mine. All the exterior stuff can be bought afterwards. The question is what the price diff will be and what will be offered here.

I have written in the main thread two dealers have confirmed that it is planned for Sweden.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I think like other various Mustang packages offered in Germany we'll get a standard Premium Package. All the creature comforts will be standard equipment. Handling package will likely be an option. I'm guessing the average price will be € 58 K - € 60 K , (without Handling package) if similar to Bullitt pricing. Some dealers will probably mark up and others probably will offer for no mark up.

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What are the odds that ford puts the tremec and Torsten diff in the eu Mach 1?

I can imagine the export spec Mach 1 now. None of the go faster bits, just a bullitt in a different colour.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Jim Owens confirms the Mach 1 is homologated for Europe and the rest of the world (jump to 52m 15secs.....but the whole thing is well worth watching)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
as the germans say das ist fett :D

Good that I am on the list then

Jim Owens confirms the Mach 1 is homologated for Europe and the rest of the world (jump to 52m 15secs.....but the whole thing is well worth watching)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’m convinced it will be sold in the U.K. too. Question is , what will constitute an EU Mach 1 because it won’t be the same as the one they sell in the USA will it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I’m convinced it will be sold in the U.K. too. Question is , what will constitute an EU Mach 1 because it won’t be the same as the one they sell in the USA will it.
My guess is we'll get the existing EU/UK Bullitt engine spec, with the non-handling pack. So, no wider wheels/splitter/swing rear spoiler, but the option of either auto or manual.

Hopefully we'll get info soon(ish).

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it comes with the none HP I will definitely pass

My guess is we'll get the existing EU/UK Bullitt engine spec, with the non-handling pack. So, no wider wheels/splitter/swing rear spoiler, but the option of either auto or manual.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thing is, if the information from Ford is correct, it'd be so easy to make it a Handling Pack yourself.......the wider wheels and tires, front lip and rear wing and a solid rear stabilzer bar (instead of hollow). The only thing you couldn't do yourself, again according to Ford, is the calibration of the EPAS/ESC......and the standard Mach 1 gets its own calibration anyway.

The fact there's so little to the Handling Pack makes it so frustrating that Ford don't offer it on both manual and auto :headbang:

However, I'm sure the EU version will feature whatever makes it easier/cheaper to get through EU homologation.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just new wheels and tires is around 4K EUR, for a somewhat decent set.
Splitter I would say 300-500 EUR if even possible to get in Europe

The rear spoiler for an OEM will be somewhere 700-1000 EUR (my OEM GT350(old style) landed at 670 EUR

And according to folks driven the PP2 Compared to to PP1 the EPAS/ECS is a noticeable difference hope it is not as big on the Mach 1(HP and none HP). Also I am not sure about the steering rack if there is a difference or not.

Adding the additional cost and still not having a "real" HP would be a bummer.

I would think it will be somewhere around 60K EUR in Sweden and adding 5k EUR more in parts ...

Thing is, if the information from Ford is correct, it'd be so easy to make it a Handling Pack yourself.......the wider wheels and tires, front lip and rear wing and a solid rear stabilzer bar (instead of hollow). The only thing you couldn't do yourself, again according to Ford, is the calibration of the EPAS/ESC......and the standard Mach 1 gets its own calibration anyway.

The fact there's so little to the Handling Pack makes it so frustrating that Ford don't offer it on both manual and auto :headbang:

However, I'm sure the EU version will feature whatever makes it easier/cheaper to get through EU homologation.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1

We have been down this road before. I'm sure it will be exactly like the Bullitt situitation. EU Mach 1 probably circa 450 - 460 HP ( I've read in automotive article 450 HP). I read that we will get the strut brace and non HP rear spoiler. I would think also unfortunately no guage pack. :frown:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
so unlikely to get the coolers, torsen diff and the Tremec gearbox either. essentially its a Bullitt (MT82 or A10) with a different badge and paint job. no Handling Pack outside north america.
Sponsored