Sponsored

ESS G3 and MT82-D4 1/4 mile data

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
True, but if I ramp in nitrous it will detract from the overall MPH/ET. The way I have it set now is 100% at 95% throttle, On at 4000 and OFF at 7600. I was also locking out first gear and not spraying until second. I think I lower launch rpm to 3900 and let it come in at 4000 in first gear.

A T56 swap is out of the question right now, which all of the money I’ve spent strengthening the MT82-D4.
This is where controlling the nitrous with the WOT box comes in handy. We have my buddies 98 Cobra on nitrous and it's controlled by the WOT box. Basically just a window switch, but it smart not to engage when on the 2-step. We have it set to spray from 3500-6500 and he launches at like 5000. Nitrous only engages when his foot comes off the clutch on the launch. Works really well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Keep in mind, I‘m not entering any race events. I only built the car to play with on TnT nights and drive on the street, with personal goals in mind. Even installing the ESS will require some serious consideration before I decided to spend that kind of money on another big ticket item, but if I do decide to, the car will surely make enough power to run a good number, whether the sixty is good or bad. I’ve seen plenty of cars botch their launch and still make enough power to run respectable numbers (just not their best).

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Never gonna hook a full 150 shot in low gears at wot/4K rpm. IMO the whole point of the progressive is to ramp the power in. Something like 35-45% to start then ramp to full power over 1.5-2 seconds until you find the sweet spot. Even better if it starts a fresh ramp in 2nd…but smacking it with what I assume is +200 ft/lbs at the crack is just gonna piss off the tires and suspension.
The progressive also should be used to limit the massive cylinder pressure spikes that would otherwise take place when hitting it with a full shot at once.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Never gonna hook a full 150 shot in low gears at wot/4K rpm. IMO the whole point of the progressive is to ramp the power in. Something like 35-45% to start then ramp to full power over 1.5-2 seconds until you find the sweet spot. Even better if it starts a fresh ramp in 2nd…but smacking it with what I assume is +200 ft/lbs at the crack is just gonna piss off the tires and suspension.
The progressive also should be used to limit the massive cylinder pressure spikes that would otherwise take place when hitting it with a full shot at once.
I’ll have to see what the car likes and can handle in 1st gear. The good thing about the ProMax is, I can just simply touch the screen and instantly choose between 5 different tuneups (a few of which are preset to ramp in the nitrous if needed).

Spraying 100% in 2nd gear was actually not violent at all, so I just won’t know about 1st gear until I try it.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t want to break a transmission input shaft
Your not going to break it. And it's the hitmaster that's killing you 60 foot / 330 ft.
Set your nitrous 200 RPM above your lowest RPM drop between gears. Launch your car 500 RPM below when your nitrous engages.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I know, I was thinking at least mid to high 10s. Thinking about an ESS 3GX kit paired with my nitrous kit, since I‘ve already put so much work into that install. I’m struggling to justify whether it’s worth $10K for the SC, fueling upgrades and tune though. Maybe if I can get the car could do what it currently makes enough power to do, I might be content for a little while longer, lol.

I do like the idea of incorporating Nitrous Outlet’s Interspooler into the SC piping though. That in and of itself could get expensive with having to have v band clamps and piping welded up. The car has been a cash-cow ever since I‘ve had it. I need this greedy mofo to pay it forward and feed me with some good ETs and MPH for once.
Instead of interspooler just have a fab shop just weld you a nozzle holder into the piping : MUCH cheaper... I think you might be better off taking off the hitmaster as well.

But if you're sticking with you you're going to need a lot of seat time to dial that in.
Sponsored