ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Woo wooo!! You posed to be up makin' brefest....
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just looked up the specs for the Vortech and it's only 38mm vs the Tial 50mm. I wonder if cramming the same amount of release air thru the smaller Vortech is what causes the whistle tips sound. Also, I am sure 38mm is enough opening to release the unused air in most applications but I would still feel more comfortable with the 50mm Tial in that regard.

I would be interested to hear what a Big Red Procharger BOV sounds like though.
I like my Tial Q50 its got a good sound. But being an automatic the BOVs dont have quite the same impact. If I had a manual car I'd get the most loud and in your face BOV out there :crackup:

GTStang64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a question in regards to the install of everything. I have been looking through the forums and in the WSS facebooks groups but haven’t seen it posted. But when doing the install, should I first save the stock file on my RTD device and then load the ESS start up file, then install the kit, the injectors, the spark plugs, and the VMP boost a pump? Or save the base file, install everything, and then load the base tune? I have a 2018 manual GT, G3 kit with Tial BOV, and getting the RTD device from HPR and then the tune from Wengerd. Thanks in advance for the help!

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Just install the kit and components, save the factory tune, load the new tune, and enjoy!

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
You can install everything and then do the RTD steps.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do the install first, even if you forget, it is not gonna start if you changed the injectors... not a big deal

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Asking here since i know a lot of us are running this setup.

So im using the upr dual valve catch can with the clean side separator. So as i understand it, at idle and cruising the intake vacuum pulls the dirty side through the can. Under boost the supercharger itself is acting as the vacuum source and pulls the dirty side through the can.

Then what is the clean side separator for? It doesn't attach to the can, so any oil is just collecting in the separator and draining back under the valve cover. That being said, i opened mine and it's bone dry and even smells new still lol. Plus, the way you connect it, it would only work under boost anyway. Do i really need it cluttering things up under the hood? I don't race/track the car either. Just drive... spiritedly lol

Also, can the evap purge valve be removed without issues? More so just pull the vac line off so i can use that port in the intake for something else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the direction the inter cooler is mounted matter? As in the BOV is on the passenger or drivers side? I have seen pictures both ways and have mine on the passenger side as the fitment seemed better. Everything seems to function correctly

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Does the direction the inter cooler is mounted matter? As in the BOV is on the passenger or drivers side? I have seen pictures both ways and have mine on the passenger side as the fitment seemed better. Everything seems to function correctly
It doesn't matter but i would mount it whichever way gives your bov line the shortest run.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Its very possible and somewhat not terrible to get a maxflow on it, thats what im running, sounds great, much more like a whistle than the tial

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't matter but i would mount it whichever way gives your bov line the shortest run.
Its very possible and somewhat not terrible to get a maxflow on it, thats what im running, sounds great, much more like a whistle than the tial
I want that one but don't feel like finding someone to weld the new mount on. I'm really surprised no one just makes a simple adapter for them.
Sponsored