Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Question for guys with the ESS system and radiators… I have a base GT so my radiator is a tissue basically… I’ll be upgrading prior to installing the ESS.

How is it with the PP radiator? Everything fit well? What about a DeWitts or some other aftermarket? I want to make sure the ESS system and intercooler will fit with a bigger radiator. Anyone with personal experience.
You may be finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. My twin turbo car runs cool with the stock radiator. Unless your on a road course, your probably fine.
Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep base has been just great. Not needed.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I always just dip my nuts in ice cold water for a few minutes then lay them on the radiator before I do hard pulls. So far that has worked great!

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You may be finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. My twin turbo car runs cool with the stock radiator. Unless your on a road course, your probably fine.
lol I hadn’t really thought of that, I just assumed heat would be an issue.

Is yours the stock PP radiator or base?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
lol I hadn’t really thought of that, I just assumed heat would be an issue.

Is yours the stock PP radiator or base?
I have a base radiator.

Sponsored

MLAGUE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium - Kona Blue
Yup I'm at 800whp here with basic radiator and G3 intercooler, heats never been a problem and I'm in Florida. It's actually pretty incredible how well the kit keeps heat down.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Yup I'm at 800whp here with basic radiator and G3 intercooler, heats never been a problem and I'm in Florida. It's actually pretty incredible how well the kit keeps heat down.
For me, with the Whipple Stage 2 kit I am installing, I have also replaced my PP1 radiator with the Mishimoto three core radiator and mishimoto thermo controlled oil cooler. I will first be on Pump 93 and go from their. I do not like backing up to redue the thing I know through reasonable forsight, can cause issues with high performance, FI engines. But that's just me. I take the "What If" out of the equation as reasonably I can do. Good Luck

MLAGUE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium - Kona Blue
For me, with the Whipple Stage 2 kit I am installing, I have also replaced my PP1 radiator with the Mishimoto three core radiator and mishimoto thermo controlled oil cooler. I will first be on Pump 93 and go from their. I do not like backing up to redue the thing I know through reasonable forsight, can cause issues with high performance, FI engines. But that's just me. I take the "What If" out of the equation as reasonably I can do. Good Luck
Positive displacement blowers create much more heat than centrifugals. I promise there are no members on here with heat issues from the ESS kit, a Whipple is not an apples to apples comparison. On my kit IATs are almost always 5 degrees above ambient temp and cylinder head temps are back to standard (202 for me) within 30 seconds of hard pulls. The intercooler on these things are incredible. If I went Whipple, Roush, or VMP I would also be taking measures to ensure heat is not an issue.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Positive displacement blowers create much more heat than centrifugals. I promise there are no members on here with heat issues from the ESS kit, a Whipple is not an apples to apples comparison. On my kit IATs are almost always 5 degrees above ambient temp and cylinder head temps are back to standard (202 for me) within 30 seconds of hard pulls. The intercooler on these things are incredible. If I went Whipple, Roush, or VMP I would also be taking measures to ensure heat is not an issue.
True, I agree Centri do not create the same amount of heat and usually do not have issues with Heat Soak created by PD. I should have clarified that difference.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Old guy here struggling a wee bit! Trying to piece together some of the sub-assemblies until the weather is warm enough to tackle full install in the garage.

What is the secret to getting the air filter installed on the intake tube. I have tried silicone spray and gentle heat from a heat gun, but I can’t get the filter to push on enough to close the ¼” gap shown in the picture. How did you guys do it?

IMG_9705[1].JPG

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Old guy here struggling a wee bit! Trying to piece together some of the sub-assemblies until the weather is warm enough to tackle full install in the garage.

What is the secret to getting the air filter installed on the intake tube. I have tried silicone spray and gentle heat from a heat gun, but I can’t get the filter to push on enough to close the ¼” gap shown in the picture. How did you guys do it?

IMG_9705[1].JPG
Pretty sure there is a ledge or rib inside the filter neck stopping the coupler. have you tried flipping it around and installing the filter on the other end?

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure there is a ledge or rib inside the filter neck stopping the coupler. have you tried flipping it around and installing the filter on the other end?
I will try that but I think the coupler had a ridge on both ends. Thanks.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I will try that but I think the coupler had a ridge on both ends. Thanks.
right. Yeah look inside the filter neck, I think there is an edge in there stopping it. Maybe just push the intake tube end up a but furhter to close the gap. As long as you can get the hose clamp in between the flare on the coupler and the end of the filter neck, your good to go

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Same, I ran the base gt rad for a long time. Street hits, drag passes was not an issue. I did replace it with a PP unit cause I was there and thought why not. I haven't noticed a difference in the two in my application.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Do you have iat data for a quarter mile pass or just lil street hits?
Sponsored