ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did someone on here Upgrade their Clamps that were used for the ESS? What did you go with?
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Definitely gonna do a radiator upgrade at some point. Seems like the concesus is to do the Performance Pack Radiator
Another thing that will help is opening up the grill. Since you likely removed the plastic fins during the ESS intercooler install that help direct the air through the radiator, you can get some benefit from replacing your grill with a more open design, or dremelling out the blank spots on either side of your current grill. Ford blocks off part of the grill openings (hexagonal bits) for aerodynamic efficiency, but when you need more cooling you can sacrifice some Aero

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
DOOOOO IT!!
Yo just because you took your money pit kit off your car to be all reliable and cheap doesnt mean you should make us all pay for it!!! 😂

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Another thing that will help is opening up the grill. Since you likely removed the plastic fins during the ESS intercooler install that help direct the air through the radiator, you can get some benefit from replacing your grill with a more open design, or dremelling out the blank spots on either side of your current grill. Ford blocks off part of the grill openings (hexagonal bits) for aerodynamic efficiency, but when you need more cooling you can sacrifice some Aero
I plan on a gt350 bumper in the future so thats where il consider grill options. (I dont wanna hear the ricer comments that its not a 350, its a performance mod for more intake air!!!)
I did remove the fins already, g4 intercooler wont fit i dont think.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
while I'm sure the product is great, that website needs an update in the worst way!
Yeah their website is circa 1994, but they have all sorts of good stuff, and reasonable prices. I've built entire intake/Intercooler systems from their website alone, and done some Fuel system installs with their PTFE and AN products.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Do you think these are necessary? The ones with ess felt pretty decently strong
I only replaced the Worm drive clamps on the radiator hose, (GT350 and MACH1 get a silicone replacement for the upper radiator hose)

Worm Drive clamps are rubbish, as are the factory spring clamps

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am lucky my California Special OEM grill is pretty dang wide open.

53B61548-2CC1-4BF5-874A-86FCE2993075.jpeg

Sponsored

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Definitely gonna do a radiator upgrade at some point. Seems like the concesus is to do the Performance Pack Radiator
To me I don't do any type of circuit or road course racing so I don't need anything "max" flow or overly fancy and expensive. Simply just wanted a little more than what the stock rad had to offer. Got my PP1 rad off lmr for 270$ I believe ... Its only a 1/4inch thicker and my intake tube is already bending from ESS. For the most part everything else aftermarket is 5-600$.

• 129-percent increase in coolant capacity over the stock radiator
  • 77-percent increase in coolant capacity over the stock performance package radiator
  • 26-percent increase in coolant surface area (tubes) over the stock performance package radiator
  • 55-percent increase in air surface area (fins) over the stock performance package radiator
That's according to mishimoto. I personally don't think the coolant capacity is gonna be the main driver for performance increase among other things. Not worth less room in the bay and over double the price for me personally.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I only replaced the Worm drive clamps on the radiator hose, (GT350 and MACH1 get a silicone replacement for the upper radiator hose)

Ohhh so not on the charge pipes. I see. I thought the ones provided for the charge pipes were pretty robust.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1

I prefer the ear/crimp clamps. I think they look the cleanest and hold tight.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
I prefer the ear/crimp clamps. I think they look the cleanest and hold tight.
They say the factory spring clamps are best, i believe the idea is that for radiator hoses and such, when the hoses and clamps heat and cool, a spring clamp always holds clamping force but any type of non spring clamp has to be retightened after some cycles.

or you tighten to about the force of hulk and call it a day like i did with my clamps and headers because who retorques things after heat cycles
Sponsored