ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone else have issues with the stupid rtd+? Like i said in an earlier post i almost killed my battery reading my base tune. I remembered this when i went to write wengerds tune and hooked the battery to a charger. I spent over an hour fucking with the thing. 20 plus minutes to send files and it fails and has to start all over. Finally for whatever reason it just works.

Well i go to data log for him. Do a run and try to send it. Fails every time at 8%. It says success, but never actually works because he says he doesn't see it.

He told me i can do it the laptop way and what i needed. Im cool with doing it that way but the phone is so convenient if it actually works. Just curious if anyone had these issues and resolved them.

Wengerd did say there are some problem devices. Using an s22 ultra so fairly new.
Delete all Bluetooth connections on your phone that are active and possibly paired at the same time. I had to deactivate the Mustang Bluetooth cause it was causing interference.

There are some settings that you can change in the TDN App for finicky devices as well.
Sponsored

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone else have issues with the stupid rtd+? Like i said in an earlier post i almost killed my battery reading my base tune. I remembered this when i went to write wengerds tune and hooked the battery to a charger. I spent over an hour fucking with the thing. 20 plus minutes to send files and it fails and has to start all over. Finally for whatever reason it just works.

Well i go to data log for him. Do a run and try to send it. Fails every time at 8%. It says success, but never actually works because he says he doesn't see it.

He told me i can do it the laptop way and what i needed. Im cool with doing it that way but the phone is so convenient if it actually works. Just curious if anyone had these issues and resolved them.

Wengerd did say there are some problem devices. Using an s22 ultra so fairly new.
Here's the two settings:

Screenshot_20230913_071112_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_071117_TDN.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_071121_TDN.jpg

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I actually tried those and changed it from compatibility to extreme to see if it would do anything but it was still doing it.

Ill try to make sure nothing else is connected via bt. What's weird is that not even the rtd shows as connected but when you do stuff in the app it's clearly connected.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
About 2200 ft
Should be making 9psi at sea level at 7200rpm. At your altitude your losing about 1psi give or take depending on temperature and air density so with a 3ā€ exhaust I could see you freeing up 1/2 psi or so of air flow. Makes sense to me. I still wouldnā€™t try to pulley down crazy. Thatā€™s good power for 7.5 psi
Iā€™m going to be installing a legitimate boost gauge soon. Given that if I tap a good boost/ vacuum source Iā€™ll get some boost numbers right at sea level, but Iā€™m 3ā€ necked down to 2.5 so I wonā€™t be as potentially free flowing as you are.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Had some issues & it was bad cell signal. Did logs in an area near cell tower & worked.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

I'd recommend just logging with the VCM Scanner software and laptop. Wengerd can send you the Channel file, which logs all of the PIDs he wants to see, plus you can review and share your logs. The RTD is only good for flashing tunes with your phone, and reading/clearing codes if necessary.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1

my zfold4 BT connection sucks if it's not like in my lap when datalogging. When flashing, i literally put it in the floorboard of the driver's seat to make sure it works.

My s21 never had this issue and would work at normal BT distance with zero issue.

and that's after multiple firmware and BT stack updates on the mpvi2+

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Had some issues & it was bad cell signal. Did logs in an area near cell tower & worked.
also, just do the logging and don't update/upload til you are back on wifi in your garage. then you don't have to worry about cell towers.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Man FORE sure makes nice stuff. Iā€™m hoping this will help clean up my vacuum lines and give my BOV a clean vacuum/boost signal. BTW 3 bar map sensor goes in the open port. Just gotta throw it in there.

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1784.jpeg

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Man FORE sure makes nice stuff. Iā€™m hoping this will help clean up my vacuum lines and give my BOV a clean vacuum/boost signal. BTW 3 bar map sensor goes in the open port. Just gotta throw it in there.

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1784.jpeg
Link? How much did you pay for it?
Yall are a terrible influence on my wallet, showing off all these pretty parts that Im gonna have to get

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Link? How much did you pay for it?
Yall are a terrible influence on my wallet, showing off all these pretty parts that Im gonna have to get
Vacuum blocks aren't expensive. $25-50. My ON3 was $47.

Screenshot_20230913_173702_Gallery.jpg

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I'd recommend just logging with the VCM Scanner software and laptop. Wengerd can send you the Channel file, which logs all of the PIDs he wants to see, plus you can review and share your logs. The RTD is only good for flashing tunes with your phone, and reading/clearing codes if necessary.
Laptop FTW!!! Reminds me I need to go do a log for my new slow 93 tune.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado