Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have E85 near me unfortunately. I'd like to avoid upgrading fuel systems if I can, and I'd rather dial back the boost than upgrade fuel systems if that's an option.
then get a proper NA tune and just use more pedal any time you're driving.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I don't have E85 near me unfortunately. I'd like to avoid upgrading fuel systems if I can, and I'd rather dial back the boost than upgrade fuel systems if that's an option.
"Can" and "should" are subjective, but yes you can use a BAP and run a larger pulley. I'd consider replacing your fuel pump once a year as PM, and keep a spare in your garage

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're very helpful. Thanks!
well, you're apparently set on doing something stupid. Find the money to do it right, or don't freaking bother.
If you try to cheat you won't be able to drive it very hard lest you blow it up. So what's the point?

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You can run a BAP and upgraded injectors on 93, with very little risk with a proper tune. The "bandaid on a hatchet wound" comment is a bit of hyperbole. That being said, a BAP and injectors will take you less than 2 hours from start to finish, taking your time the first time. You also could very easily upgrade the fuel pump to a DW400 or similar stock style pump in about another hour and less than $400, and the BAP "bandaid" is no longer needed. You will have sewn up the "hatchet wound".

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Anyone who justifies cutting corners on the fuel system, will always suport the use of a BAP.

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
well, you're apparently set on doing something stupid. Find the money to do it right, or don't freaking bother.
If you try to cheat you won't be able to drive it very hard lest you blow it up. So what's the point?
Chill dude. I'm just trying to gather information on supporting mods because I've never boosted a car before. Some people upgrade fuel systems, some just use a BAP, some probably don't do either. I'm assuming it's dependent on the power levels you're aiming for, but that's why I'm asking because I don't know.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Chill dude. I'm just trying to gather information on supporting mods because I've never boosted a car before. Some people upgrade fuel systems, some just use a BAP, some probably don't do either. I'm assuming it's dependent on the power levels you're aiming for, but that's why I'm asking because I don't know.
If youā€™re staying under 700whp on gasoline (HIGHLY recommend it), drop a DW400 in the basket and youā€™ll have plenty of fuel volume. You could also drop in a Ti274/285 as well. Youā€™ll just want to pick up a set of 750cc+ injectors. 750cc injectors will work well up to 800-850whp on gasoline.

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
You can run a BAP and upgraded injectors on 93, with very little risk with a proper tune. The "bandaid on a hatchet wound" comment is a bit of hyperbole. That being said, a BAP and injectors will take you less than 2 hours from start to finish, taking your time the first time. You also could very easily upgrade the fuel pump to a DW400 or similar stock style pump in about another hour and less than $400, and the BAP "bandaid" is no longer needed. You will have sewn up the "hatchet wound".

Thanks for the info. So a DW400 pump without a BAP would be sufficient for a fairly conservative level of boost. At what point do people go with double or triple pumps?

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the info. So a DW400 pump without a BAP would be sufficient for a fairly conservative level of boost. At what point do people go with double or triple pumps?
When you start pushing Ethanol or 1000whp+ on gasoline.

Dr.Patterson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patterson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Anyone who justifies cutting corners on the fuel system, will always suport the use of a BAP.
I was told running G2 with Gt500 injectors and a BAP was plenty for 91.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Realistically anytime you want to go 700+

There has been a boat load of discussion around this.

Ideally, as others have stated, you want more fuel system then you need. You can always open up more fuel later down the road as your power levels increase.

If you want to only run 93, and keep things super conservative, an ESS G2, with a 120mm pulley, coupled with a DW400 and 750 injectors will get you a safe and reliable 550-600 all day.

If you want more power, you need a return style fuel system. That is the issue with the Non GT350 cars. We have a returnless style fuel system.

You dont need to break the bank for security on the system. You can go like others and get the Arcane, or be like me and get the Fore. To each their own.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Realistically anytime you want to go 700+

There has been a boat load of discussion around this.

Ideally, as others have stated, you want more fuel system then you need. You can always open up more fuel later down the road as your power levels increase.

If you want to only run 93, and keep things super conservative, an ESS G2, with a 120mm pulley, coupled with a DW400 and 750 injectors will get you a safe and reliable 550-600 all day.

If you want more power, you need a return style fuel system. That is the issue with the Non GT350 cars. We have a returnless style fuel system.

You dont need to break the bank for security on the system. You can go like others and get the Arcane, or be like me and get the Fore. To each their own.
Overkill is definitely a good thing in some regards! I have enough fuel pumps to run 2100 whp on e85 becauseā€¦ overkill, just donā€™t have enough injector overhead to support that yet. šŸ˜œ
Sponsored