ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Personally I wouldn't run the dw400 with out a bap, They like 18v. Also for what it's worth, I've been running a stock fuel pump on a vmp bap for over 40k in Arizona. (91k total miles on stock fuel pump) NO issues. Just food for thought.
Holy crap where you been ain’t seen your name in awhile?!?!
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Holy crap where you been ain’t seen your name in awhile?!?!
Dude, work has been nuts! Normally my job is a cake walk (thats why i usually post so much! 🤣) but the last 4-6 weeks have kicked my freaking ass! Plus I bought a little beater civic si to drive while I replace the engine in the stang so I've been trying to get the AC going (PITA!) so I can park the stang. FYI honda forums suck! And my boosted 5.0 is still going strongish on 7 cylinders at 91k miles. Gotta respect the coyote. It's been hurt for 6k miles and gets me to work. 100 plus miles daily.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Dude, work has been nuts! Normally my job is a cake walk (thats why i usually post so much! 🤣) but the last 4-6 weeks have kicked my freaking ass! Plus I bought a little beater civic si to drive while I replace the engine in the stang so I've been trying to get the AC going (PITA!) so I can park the stang. FYI honda forums suck! And my boosted 5.0 is still going strongish on 7 cylinders at 91k miles. Gotta respect the coyote. It's been hurt for 6k miles and gets me to work. 100 plus miles daily.
What happened to your Mustang motor?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Well just nice to see you back around! Totally understand life happens!!

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
RSA stage 1 build (see pic below), still stock axles and drive shaft. I dynoed at 878 but after a retune and fixing a couple issues should be well north of 900 possibly in the 950 or more range at 18 psi of boost.
IMG_0136.jpeg
Nice. Did You have to have to replace the Torque Converter?
Would you message me on the actual cost for your transmission upgrade? I plan to remove mine this winter to have it beefed up and either drive to the transmission shop or ship it and would like a rough estimate on the cost it will be.
What Return Fuel system and Fuel Hat/Pumps did you use? I was thinking Arcane Stage 3
Thank You

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
What happened to your Mustang motor?
TT’s happened! Lol
No! As much as that is the logical answer, I happened. I broke a freaking spark plug off while changing them at 85k. Lost compression on #3. Still driving it until I get the ac sorted out in my new #2 car. And it may be sluggish compared to before and burn a shit ton of oil but it still pulls pretty hard and takes 10+ lbs of boost like a champ. Well maybe like a 40 year old ex champ... damn the more I write the more my car feels like mirror image of my old broken ass! 🤣

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
No! As much as that is the logical answer, I happened. I broke a freaking spark plug off while changing them at 85k. Lost compression on #3. Still driving it until I get the ac sorted out in my new #2 car. And it may be sluggish compared to before and burn a shit ton of oil but it still pulls pretty hard and takes 10+ lbs of boost like a champ. Well maybe like a 40 year old ex champ... damn the more I write the more my car feels like mirror image of my old broken ass! 🤣
Damn, sorry to hear that man.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Nice. Did You have to have to replace the Torque Converter?
Would you message me on the actual cost for your transmission upgrade? I plan to remove mine this winter to have it beefed up and either drive to the transmission shop or ship it and would like a rough estimate on the cost it will be.
What Return Fuel system and Fuel Hat/Pumps did you use? I was thinking Arcane Stage 3
Thank You
Still stock converter, shop told me not to waste my money on one yet since I was just street racing and not a track car. I have no problem sharing what I paid for the trans to be re done. I was quoted 4k for parts and labor but only paid 3800 because the trans was actually in good shape still.

As for fuel I’m running ID 1050’s for now, dual regulators, 10AN feed, 8AN return, SPE Tetrad fuel hat, triple TI 285’s with the third on a Hobbs switch after 5psi of boost. If I had to do it all over again I would have just bought the Fore Innovations triple setup and been done.. but live and learn!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Well nice to see you back around again Chris! I’m sure you will get everything back up and running again so you can enjoy the car like you have for so many damn miles already!!

Sponsored

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Still stock converter, shop told me not to waste my money on one yet since I was just street racing and not a track car. I have no problem sharing what I paid for the trans to be re done. I was quoted 4k for parts and labor but only paid 3800 because the trans was actually in good shape still.

As for fuel I’m running ID 1050’s for now, dual regulators, 10AN feed, 8AN return, SPE Tetrad fuel hat, triple TI 285’s with the third on a Hobbs switch after 5psi of boost. If I had to do it all over again I would have just bought the Fore Innovations triple setup and been done.. but live and learn!
Fore lol

I bought the FC3 Controller and only running 2 pumps. When I'm ready, I'm going to replace both pumps with upgrades, and add the 3rd. Easy Peasy.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
@HAVOC_5.0 you laughing because you and the Fore system have beef? 🤣🤣
I'm laughing cause at the end of the day, people always go to the Fore Kit. Maybe not the first choice for some due to cost, but eventually, it's the best kit on the market.

Me and Fore initially went together like Fuel and a Match. No Bueno. Now, I'd recommend it to anyone and help with install.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Oh. I got the car up in the air at work tonight. This is what was found.

Looks like the detent rod broke in the shaft that comes out of the transmission. The clearance is SUPER close due to everything being lowered from the K member and Engine Stands/Mounts.

Not sure if thus is going to cause a longevity issue or not.

20230809_180410.jpg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

Thanks, did you upgrade your drivetrane and OPG, Timing chain ETC? I am finalizing what I will order and or replace this winter. I'm glad the torque converter works.
Sponsored