ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Eventually when I'm ready it will get a Powerglide, 1 piece driveshaft, upgraded rear and axles.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
For now...everything is stock. If things go well, it's getting more mods in the winter. Cage, tubular front end, rear end goodies, etc.

The engine has a 3yr unlimited mile warranty through Ford 😉.
Nice. My 19 PP1 engine is stock to, so switching to E85 return and 800-850rwhp is going to push stock drivetrain for sure. I am all ready talking to a transmission shop about upgrading my clutches/fiber, plates TC this winter. If I'm bored I most likely will switch Axles, DS rear Diff bushings etc. Keep us posted. Have Fun

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was thinking the same thing when you were MIA for like a week and a half busy with life! 🤣

Forgot to share with the group we redid the letters on the back of my car!
Billy, if you are going to do that, you have to bow the letters so they match the lines in the rear deck. When they do boat lettering they bow them to follow the shape of the hull. The way you have it makes my eyes bleed....:crazy:

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Billy, if you are going to do that, you have to bow the letters so they match the lines in the rear deck. When they do boat lettering they bow them to follow the shape of the hull. The way you have it makes my eyes bleed....:crazy:
Jason in our defense the beers made it looked bowed at the time….. 🍻🤣

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Can I run an ESS G3 on a stock fuel system on pump gas? At what point does the fuel system need upgraded? Do I need a fuel pump and/or pump booster, or can I get away without it on 8 psi.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Can I run an ESS G3 on a stock fuel system on pump gas? At what point does the fuel system need upgraded? Do I need a fuel pump and/or pump booster, or can I get away without it on 8 psi.
Define stock fuel system?

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Define stock fuel system?
I just see a lot of people upgrading to double or triple pump fuel systems when they go boosted. Trying to understand at what point it's needed.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I just see a lot of people upgrading to double or triple pump fuel systems when they go boosted. Trying to understand at what point people upgrade to that.
At minimum you would need bigger injectors and a BAP with 93 and possibly boostane and run a 120 or maybe a 115. Do you have a tuner in mind who will be doing your tune?

Sponsored

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
At minimum you would need bigger injectors and a BAP with 93 and possibly boostane and run a 125 or maybe a 120. Do you have a tuner in mind who will be doing your tune?
Likely Lund. I haven't ordered anything yet, just trying to answer some questions before I get in over my head. ESS recommends 120mm for gen 2 5.0s. What's the purpose of a BAP?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Likely Lund. I haven't ordered anything yet, just trying to answer some questions before I get in over my head. ESS recommends 120mm for gen 2 5.0s. What's the purpose of a BAP?
Yeah I edited my post ESS says 120 or maybe a 115 max on 93 for a gen 2. Boost A Pump raises the voltage of the fuel pump so it will flow more fuel. But it does have its limitations as does the factory pump and that’s when you would upgrade to a better pump or even multiple pumps. The reason for asking about tuner is it’s always good to team up with them for their recommendations as what to run per your goals. Ultimately you make the final call on what you run but some tuners will only tune you if you use exactly what they say so be aware of that.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
A lot of people run BAP's but it really is just a bandaid over a hatchet wound. The most important part of a forced induction setup is not the forced induction kit, it is the fuel system and the tune. Over-driving the stock fuel pump and running it to the ragged edge of capability is a recipe for disaster IMHO. You want more fuel capacity than you need, not "Just enough".

Also, if you have local access to E85, it should be part of your plan to run it, and have a fuel system to support it. Ethanol is far better at managing detonation and providing cooling to the combustion chamber than gasoline, which is important for a high compression engine that was not really designed for boost in the first place.

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
A lot of people run BAP's but it really is just a bandaid over a hatchet wound. The most important part of a forced induction setup is not the forced induction kit, it is the fuel system and the tune. Over-driving the stock fuel pump and running it to the ragged edge of capability is a recipe for disaster IMHO. You want more fuel capacity than you need, not "Just enough".

Also, if you have local access to E85, it should be part of your plan to run it, and have a fuel system to support it. Ethanol is far better at managing detonation and providing cooling to the combustion chamber than gasoline, which is important for a high compression engine that was not really designed for boost in the first place.
I don't have E85 near me unfortunately. I'd like to avoid upgrading fuel systems if I can, and I'd rather dial back the boost than upgrade fuel systems if that's an option.
Sponsored