Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Does this bend look normal gents? Can’t tell if it’s kinked or if this is the norm. Also, how tight is tight enough in the clamps?

image.jpg
Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Does this bend look normal gents? Can’t tell if it’s kinked or if this is the norm. Also, how tight is tight enough in the clamps?

image.jpg
Normal, I get the clamps fairly tight. The specs are 90 inch lbs max torque on those specific T-bolt clamps. To be honest I just have a feel for it and use my 1/4” impact gun.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Normal, I get the clamps fairly tight. The specs are 90 inch lbs max torque on those specific T-bolt clamps. To be honest I just have a feel for it and use my 1/4” impact gun.
You’re the man! Thank you! I would have continued fighting this thing all night.

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
So much good info in this thread, I must've read through it all at least twice or more by now. I've been drooling over one of these kits for well over a year.

Had my OPGs/CS done last April in anticipation but life came knocking - Dad, I'm getting married and you get to pay, lol.

Anyway, I finally ordered me a G3 kit yesterday for my 2019 and now trying to source a few supporting mods.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So much good info in this thread, I must've read through it all at least twice or more by now. I've been drooling over one of these kits for well over a year.

Had my OPGs/CS done last April in anticipation but life came knocking - Dad, I'm getting married and you get to pay, lol.

Anyway, I finally ordered me a G3 kit yesterday for my 2019 and now trying to source a few supporting mods.
Yeah, reading this thread last year is what for me into this kit. No regrets! Boost life!

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'm jealous & simultaneously happy for everyone in this thread.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Oh boy. She’s alive!!

There were a few hiccups along the way

1.Two fuel connections got slightly cross threaded and were toast. I ordered a few more and they arrived quickly and went on smoothly.

2.The main bracket for the SC did not want to line up and it took me way too long to get such a simple part of the job done.

3. I always have a WTF moment when modding. The WTF moment this time was when I dropped a Tbolt nut and it landed right on the serpentine belt. No problem, I went to grab it and it fell behind the crank pulley where there is quite literally no access. It took over an hour to locate where it was thanks to a microscopic flexible camera pen (life saver) then another hour or so building a stupid contraption to touch the bolt and knock it loose.

4. Upon start up there was a very very small fuel weep at the Y block. I snugged up the connection as best I could and I think it’s resolved.

5. I may have a small vacuum leak somewhere, STFT mostly maintains at 0 to +2 at idle but occasionally climb to +10-15 and settle back down. At idle it appears the car moves in between about 100rpm range up and down. It also does this when holding a rev. I’ll sort this out later. Im not sure if having roughly one gallon of E85 in the tank with 5 gallons of 93 could be impacting this too. I got the E as low as I could (0 miles to empty) but there was absolutely still some in the tank.

Anyways, she fired up and sounds like a jet. Tomorrow is full of activities with the kids so the car will sit until next weekend as I put it back together and start data logging/tuning. For anyone considering this kit or a fuel system and worried about install, it’s really not terrible. This was all a first time evolution for me and I got it done over 2 weekends by myself just chipping away at things.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I had my WTF moment too during install. lost 2 10mm sockets. found one. my deep 1/4 10mm is gone forever though. had to buy a new one for the first time. I spent more time looking for crap that fell in the fenderwell. too much time. dumb tool-eating cars!

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I had my WTF moment too during install. lost 2 10mm sockets. found one. my deep 1/4 10mm is gone forever though. had to buy a new one for the first time. I spent more time looking for crap that fell in the fenderwell. too much time. dumb tool-eating cars!
Im convinced that anything 10mm has a timed self destruct that silently happens about 5 minutes before you need it.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Oh boy. She’s alive!!

There were a few hiccups along the way

1.Two fuel connections got slightly cross threaded and were toast. I ordered a few more and they arrived quickly and went on smoothly.

2.The main bracket for the SC did not want to line up and it took me way too long to get such a simple part of the job done.

3. I always have a WTF moment when modding. The WTF moment this time was when I dropped a Tbolt nut and it landed right on the serpentine belt. No problem, I went to grab it and it fell behind the crank pulley where there is quite literally no access. It took over an hour to locate where it was thanks to a microscopic flexible camera pen (life saver) then another hour or so building a stupid contraption to touch the bolt and knock it loose.

4. Upon start up there was a very very small fuel weep at the Y block. I snugged up the connection as best I could and I think it’s resolved.

5. I may have a small vacuum leak somewhere, STFT mostly maintains at 0 to +2 at idle but occasionally climb to +10-15 and settle back down. At idle it appears the car moves in between about 100rpm range up and down. It also does this when holding a rev. I’ll sort this out later. Im not sure if having roughly one gallon of E85 in the tank with 5 gallons of 93 could be impacting this too. I got the E as low as I could (0 miles to empty) but there was absolutely still some in the tank.

Anyways, she fired up and sounds like a jet. Tomorrow is full of activities with the kids so the car will sit until next weekend as I put it back together and start data logging/tuning. For anyone considering this kit or a fuel system and worried about install, it’s really not terrible. This was all a first time evolution for me and I got it done over 2 weekends by myself just chipping away at things.
It sounds really good.

mark958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - ESS S/C, HF headers, AWE exhaust
Gents - I have a 15 GT with one of the ESS G3 kits installed with hi-flow headers, 2018 manifold, 1000cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, and an AWE touring exhaust - love it - drives normally until about 3K then all hell breaks loose. Have upgraded the half shafts and the wheels and tires. In the process of a digital dash, Brembo 6 pot install, and a full steeda setup. Also upgraded to sync 3 with wireless car play. The car dynoes around 740 RWHP.

Am running the stock 110mm pulley with about 11 psi boost +/-.
No way I'm sneaking out of the neighborhood in the morning as it's loud as F.
Sponsored

Last edited: