ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
The G3 doesn't come with a straight cut gear option, and i'm looking for it to not be super whiny (just some whiny). is the G3 noticably louder?
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
The G3 doesn't come with a straight cut gear option, and i'm looking for it to not be super whiny (just some whiny). is the G3 noticably louder?
I know right. If I'm putting a FI system on I definitely want it to be noticed. Maybe they can offer straight cut, loader gears?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@lkeltner in the checkout page you can write in the order comments box if you want the quiet or loud gear.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I know right. If I'm putting a FI system on I definitely want it to be noticed. Maybe they can offer straight cut, loader gears?
I think for me i don't want it Vortech old-school loud, but i'd like to know it's there.
@lkeltner in the checkout page you can write in the order comments box if you want the quiet or loud gear.
yep i know, i just wanted to know if the stock g2 is noticeably quieter than the stock g3? if the g3 is pretty darn whiny, that might make me stick with the g2.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
couldn't stand it any more. G2 kit ordered! here we go!

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
couldn't stand it any more. G2 kit ordered! here we go!
The kits are mostly shipping standard with straight cut gears. They aren’t obnoxiously loud but you can hear them. I think they are exactly what you are looking for. Congrats on the order!

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So wait, I was getting ready to pull the trigger:

Stock 17GT pp1 6mt. Was gonna do a 125mm G2 with bap and 2020 gt500 injectors. I'll only ever put 91 in it. No octane booster. No drag strip. No DRs, no slicks, just street.

Still get the G3 over the G2?
I wounldnt even bother with forced induction if you are going to run street tires. It wont even be fun to drive. Even with drag radials it spins to the point of aborting street hits.

Just my opinion.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I wounldnt even bother with forced induction if you are going to run street tires. It wont even be fun to drive. Even with drag radials it spins to the point of aborting street hits.

Just my opinion.
well, if i hate it, I can always sell it :)

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
The kits are mostly shipping standard with straight cut gears. They aren’t obnoxiously loud but you can hear them. I think they are exactly what you are looking for. Congrats on the order!
thanks, i can't wait!

do you have a recommended tool to get for properly gapping iridium plugs? I've not messed with those before.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm sure you will love it. Not everyone can handle high HP on the street, so they should just spend their time at the track so that they don't hurt anyone. For everyone else they can enjoy Safe, Street "Spirited Driving". Good Luck, keep us updated.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Doubt you’ll hate it. You’ll be the first if you do.
Congratulations.

Did u go for bigger inter cooler ? Suppose for street the standard is more than enough ?

Im on the fence waiting for our stupid currency to recover and then place my Order.
Same as you I only need a G2.
I guess instead of spending extra on g3 , do a water meth and turn up the boost. Much better returns for same money

Skraight!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Similar to the base procharger kit, if you get the G2 with 7psi pulley and only plan to run 93 do you need the upgraded injectors/BAP? This is on a 100% stock car, no LTH, etc. This is on a Gen 3.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Similar to the base procharger kit, if you get the G2 with 7psi pulley and only plan to run 93 do you need the upgraded injectors/BAP? This is on a 100% stock car, no LTH, etc. This is on a Gen 3.
I’m wanting to run exactly the same setup
Sponsored