Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
I genuinely don’t understand what the question is. Make the same power easier with less heat and more head room while spending a little more money or don’t. That’s basically what it boils down to.

I would say the only reason to get the G2 is if you’re just looking to save a few bucks otherwise the G3 is the sweet spot in power and growth if you want more later.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I genuinely don’t understand what the question is. Make the same power easier with less heat and more head room while spending a little more money or don’t. That’s basically what it boils down to.

I would say the only reason to get the G2 is if you’re just looking to save a few bucks otherwise the G3 is the sweet spot in power and growth if you want more later.

I agree with this^^^^

The G3 wins hands down in power and efficiency. I wish that I would've gone G3 versus G2 after learning how much better they perform. Spend the money now and save yourself some money later. The G3 is where it is at IMO.

I have to pulley down to a 115mm or 110mm to generate the same horsepower as the G3 on a 120mm pulley, the problem is that I generate more heat just to make the same power and it makes the car more knock prone. Perhaps with the new G4 intercooler I could mitigate the increased heat, but then there's always e85 which will bridge the gap, but return style fuel system is needed.

Last edited:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary

yes, it’s basically money because… should i buy the G3 to get 700 whp or should the g2 be enough to get 700 whp? Can my lu47 work good with less psi from a g3 with a 120 mm pulley or for that same money should i get a g2 with a 115mm pulley pushing more psi and bigger injectors? All those questions come to my mind because I’m also buying shit for a gtr so i have to play with those budgets so my wife don’t yell at me lol

car parts are worst than crack

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I agree with this^^^^

The G3 wins hands down in power and efficiency. I wish that I would've gone G3 versus G2 after learning how much better they perform. Spend the money now and save yourself some money later. The G3 is where it is at IMO.

I have to pulley down to a 115mm or 110mm to generate the same horsepower as the G3 on a 120mm pulley, the problem is that I generate more heat just to make the same power and it makes the car more knock prone. Perhaps with the new G4 intercooler I could mitigate the increased heat, but then there's always e85 which will bridge the gap, but return style fuel system is needed.
so, g3 with 120mm and lu47 on 93? Or add some fic1000? I’m not planning on adding e85… I’m not adding a return system

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
yes, it’s basically money because… should i buy the G3 to get 700 whp or should the g2 be enough to get 700 whp? Can my lu47 work good with less psi from a g3 with a 120 mm pulley or for that same money should i get a g2 with a 115mm pulley pushing more psi and bigger injectors? All those questions come to my mind because I’m also buying shit for a gtr so i have to play with those budgets so my wife don’t yell at me lol

car parts are worst than crack
G3 all day. If you're worried about injector get the 2020 GT500 injectors which will give you a little more margin at no additional cost after you sell the LU47's.

Sponsored

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
I’m on the G3 with ID 1050s with stock fuel pump and BAP. With a garbage local tune I made 680 on 92octane. With my Wengerd tune I’m sure I’m at or over 700 with the same setup. I’m still on stock header too

You can make 700 on the G2, it just might end up costing you more in the long run to do it.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I’m on the G3 with ID 1050s with stock fuel pump and BAP. With a garbage local tune I made 680 on 92octane. With my Wengerd tune I’m sure I’m at or over 700 with the same setup. I’m still on stock header too
Forgive me if I missed it but what size pulley?

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual

Thanks for responses guys. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Less heat, avoiding knock, less engine stress, more efficient power production.
These are very important factors for me and I am more than willing to spend the extra $ on the G3 if it will help me reach my power goals while meeting these criteria.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
so, g3 with 120mm and lu47 on 93? Or add some fic1000? I’m not planning on adding e85… I’m not adding a return system
Im going with G3, 120mm, FIC 1000 and 93

Sponsored

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
Hello everyone, Ive been sitting back quietly reading everyones post. Lots of info, well this week should be the ship date for my ESS G4-95. Excited to get this build done (2022 Mach-1). I am still piecing some parts together for my complete build so I can tear the car down once for my "so called FBO stage'. Will be posting a build thread soon to share parts and goals for vehicle.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Brad you definitely have that right about the low end punch. The Roush was definitely immediate and the ESS more like a turbo and has to spool up but will pull and pull. I’m still on the base tune and working on logs for my tuner so we can get it squared away. Once that is done I will definitely give my exact thoughts on the kit. Needless to say I have to learn how to drive the car again due to the two kits being so different in habits.
Exact thoughts: she bad!!!!!!

Had to cut a dragy 60-130 pull short by 2mph unfortunately due to cars ahead of me being way to slow and they were a 1/2 mile ahead when I hit it. So hopefully will share those results soon.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So wait, I was getting ready to pull the trigger:

Stock 17GT pp1 6mt. Was gonna do a 125mm G2 with bap and 2020 gt500 injectors. I'll only ever put 91 in it. No octane booster. No drag strip. No DRs, no slicks, just street.

Still get the G3 over the G2?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
So wait, I was getting ready to pull the trigger:

Stock 17GT pp1 6mt. Was gonna do a 125mm G2 with bap and 2020 gt500 injectors. I'll only ever put 91 in it. No octane booster. No drag strip. No DRs, no slicks, just street.

Still get the G3 over the G2?
I feel its your choice but: I think someone showed that without changing anything on your car except the G3 with its tune averages like over 30 or so more whp from the G2 to the G3 Swap Only with no other modifications. For me, I plan on going with the G3. But again, its your choice, people with the G2 on stock engines are putting down some great numbers. Let US Know. Good Luck

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@lkeltner in that case I would go with the G2
Sponsored