GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Northeastern, Greenville, Morristown.
If your in upstate nym the insurance company to have is New York Central Mutual. I remember looking at a 66 mustang that was hit hard. The guy said he wasn't going to accept 800.00 I told him I don't know what they'll pay you but they are a stand up company. He called me 2 weeks later and told me they gave him 9k and that was 21 years ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
i unfortunately went through this same thing a few weeks ago. Someone was kind enough to leave their trailer hitch in the highway. I hit it and it put a hole in the oil pan. I pulled over and had it towed to local dealer. Most of the oil was on the side of the road by the time the tow truck driver arrived. Dealership installed new oil pan and oil. I drove it a few hundred miles before changing the oil back to Penzoil Platinum which is what i have been running and so far everything is ok. no ticking or using any oil.
Same thing with me but I really think the stealership ran the hell out of the motor with no oil.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Same thing with me but I really think the stealership ran the hell out of the motor with no oil.
That's what I would bet on. Hopefully you started escalating it already. At this point I'd have the dealership on the hook for everything rather then just replacing an oil pan.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Did you shut the motor off when you heard the bang? or did you coast to a stop and then switch it off? Have you looked at the car on a lift? maybe you hit nothing and the engine tossed a rod, easy to diagnose as NEED A ENGINE.
No dealer of shop is going to start an engine that has a hole in the oil pan.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
No dealer of shop is going to start an engine that has a hole in the oil pan.
I have to admit that Iā€™ve done it. But in my defense, it wasnā€™t communicated to me that there was a hole in the engine. Something along the lines of ā€œcustomer states car runs roughā€ I think. Luckily the hole was in the block so it didnā€™t matter anyway as it was already destroyed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I have to admit that Iā€™ve done it. But in my defense, it wasnā€™t communicated to me that there was a hole in the engine. Something along the lines of ā€œcustomer states car runs roughā€ I think. Luckily the hole was in the block so it didnā€™t matter anyway as it was already destroyed.
The last thing that happened on this. Saturday they sent an email telling me they were denying the claim because I never purchased collision/comprehensive. You can't get a loan on a car without it. My understanding is that I was transferring the policy from my 2016 to my 2019. Watch what say to an insurance company on the phone they record every call. My salesman was supposed to send the bill of sale and the window sticker to them and he forgot. That made them send me a letter to get a carco inspection a year later which I never received. Based on that they were denying the claim. In the denial letter they gave me a website to complain to the NY state financial division. I sent the complaint about 11am Monday and they called me up at 330pm saying they were not going to deny the claim. someone from the claims department called Tuesday saying they would someone out to look at the car and this was all just a misunderstanding.. The only downside to this is they weren't charging me for the coverage so I will be paying that back. The upside is I got the claims guy to not take any betterment on the new engine. That would have been a good bit of money. I got all worked up Saturday night because I was going to have all that money. After an hour I calmed myself down by thinking I have the money I just don't want to spend it. These adjusters calling me thanked me for staying calm and not cursing them out but what's the point they have a job to do. When I first became an adjuster my boss told me that if the insured/claimant, and the body shop are mad at you cause you didn't give out enough money and your boss is mad cause you gave out too much you probably did a good job. He didn't lie.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
The last thing that happened on this. Saturday they sent an email telling me they were denying the claim because I never purchased collision/comprehensive. You can't get a loan on a car without it. My understanding is that I was transferring the policy from my 2016 to my 2019.
Do you pay your own insurance? I would think you would be able to tell what coverage you have by the amount that you pay monthly/quarterly/bi-annually/annually. (Or from your bill.)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Do you pay your own insurance? I would think you would be able to tell what coverage you have by the amount that you pay monthly/quarterly/bi-annually/annually. (Or from your bill.)
It would also likely be on a proof of insurance card that you carry in your vehicle, assuming your state requires one.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
How did the dealership come up with 12k for the repair. A new shortblock is around 2k

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
How did the dealership come up with 12k for the repair. A new shortblock is around 2k
They're probably thinking long block about 8800 plus labor. It's really the safe way so I don't have to go back for any problems with the valves down the road. But that's the adjuster's problem. What surprised me is they're going to do the inspection virtually. I'm glad I'm not an adjuster any more.
Sponsored