Sponsored

Engine died at stop sign?

Tacitus86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special
Hi all! I have a 2016 Premium GT Automatic and today when slowing and stopping behind a line of traffic at a stop sign, while at a complete stop, the engine just shut down. The electronics were still working, as if in the "On" state. I threw it into park and pressed the start button and it came back up. Really freaky. First time it has happened and the rest of the trip to work it was fine. Something I should be worried about? Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Hi all! I have a 2016 Premium GT Automatic and today when slowing and stopping behind a line of traffic at a stop sign, while at a complete stop, the engine just shut down. The electronics were still working, as if in the "On" state. I threw it into park and pressed the start button and it came back up. Really freaky. First time it has happened and the rest of the trip to work it was fine. Something I should be worried about? Anyone else experience this?
stock everything?

This has happened to me once when I had A/C and butt coolers running. I wouldn't worry about it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think sometimes I hear engine hiccup when the computers do things like closing door or something. Like the engine skip a beat or something.
Makes me wonder if the ecu was so occupied it just froze running the engine.

Sponsored

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
sounds like your auto run feature kicked on. idk what it does ive never looked into it but it happens from time to time its very rare. dont freak out the car is fine.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
OP
OP

Tacitus86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone! The car wasn't cold, it's about 70 degrees out and is garage kept. It was about 2 minutes after leaving my house.

CaseyJr.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.circlecdesigns.com
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium PP Manual
Check your intake tube, had it happen to me this weekend with an aftermarket tube.
Possibility that it wiggled loose and needs to be tightened back up.

OP
OP

Tacitus86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone, just to follow up on this. I brought it to the dealership and they said that the engine never learned the fuel I was using (mid-grade), so once they reset it by disconnecting the battery, it has since been ok. Note they pinpointed this after I noticed RPM drop at idle. The RPMs fluctuate at idle a bit but only in the range of 100RPM or less now. I guess that's normal? But it's a lot better than it was!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Engine never learned the fuel type?

?

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Hey everyone, just to follow up on this. I brought it to the dealership and they said that the engine never learned the fuel I was using (mid-grade), so once they reset it by disconnecting the battery, it has since been ok. Note they pinpointed this after I noticed RPM drop at idle. The RPMs fluctuate at idle a bit but only in the range of 100RPM or less now. I guess that's normal? But it's a lot better than it was!
That's BS. You should be able to use any gasoline at or above the Octane recommended minimum. At first the problem with the engine stalling was just thought to be with the manual cars and now I'm seeing a few autos having the issue. There was a TSB "solution" for the manual cars but I always thought it was more than just ECM programming. Keep an eye out on it, it will happen again.