Sponsored

Engine Comes Apart

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Ford is not buying gas from gas stations to test motors. Infact i'd find it highly unlikely they will even use gasoline with ethanol in it for said tests. Let alone the possibility of getting 15% ethanol and then the accompanying water percentage that the ethanol invites.

Worked at a small engine repair place for a few years and did some random tests on fuel from random stations. Eye opening.

You'd be surprised how much water gets into fuel after large rainstorms...
on-road test trips are going to use market fuel, but yeah, anything in the lab (like a 100 hour peak power durability) is going to use fuel out of a big tank that was delivered from a supplier. So the guy whose job it is to drive the car around in the desert on 87 octane market fuel and make sure the knock control system is working will get some exposure to the kind of situations customers get into.

The recently updated emissions certification fuel, used in chassis dyno lab tests, has 10% ethanol in it, but that is standardized lab grade fuel, not random market fuel.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's good you were "lucky" in having Ford foot the bill...

So is Ford now just replacing engines based on a nod, a wink and a handshake, not investigating the reason why or looking into the PCM logs??

It's one thing to be friends with a Dealer - but how is it that you were able to get a replacement from Ford (not your Dealer buddy), when everyone has said that Ford is the one who calls the shots for engine replacement warranty claims?

Are you being 100% transparent? I mean we have read where other 'TUNED' folks take a loss, have to battle or are totally screwed based on Ford PCM detectives. Everyone has said too that even if the "tune" is removed, it's really not totally 100% removed from the datalogs that Ford reviews.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
It's good you were "lucky" in having Ford foot the bill...

So is Ford now just replacing engines based on a nod, a wink and a handshake, not investigating the reason why or looking into the PCM logs??

It's one thing to be friends with a Dealer - but how is it that you were able to get a replacement from Ford (not your Dealer buddy), when everyone has said that Ford is the one who calls the shots for engine replacement warranty claims?

Are you being 100% transparent? I mean we have read where other 'TUNED' folks take a loss, have to battle or are totally screwed based on Ford PCM detectives. Everyone has said too that even if the "tune" is removed, it's really not totally 100% removed from the datalogs that Ford reviews.

This has already been discussed, basically dealers have the biggest influence in whether you will be honored or denied. FordCo makes final decisions to approve on behalf of the dealers report.

OP
OP
PJB

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
When I picked the car up, I asked the service manager if I needed to sign any paperwork, he said it was taken care of. I went and spoke with the mechanic on all that had to be done with the installment. His first words were, I had to tell Ford there was no tune and of course download rpm and speed from the computer when the engine let go. Considering I was probably at 55 - 60 mph at part throttle getting up to speed then I'm guessing that would benefit better than wot at 6,500 rpm's. I'm not close with the service manager or mechanic, they were very cordial and had some good laughs about it. I am friends with the ownership, so it is more than likely their discretion of the warranty factor, they did coordinate with my tuner and order all the aftermarket parts from him to be built in the loan. I would say my circumstance is probably the exception to most, but I am from a small community where the majority of the town either knows you or related.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
When I picked the car up, I asked the service manager if I needed to sign any paperwork, he said it was taken care of. I went and spoke with the mechanic on all that had to be done with the installment. His first words were, I had to tell Ford there was no tune and of course download rpm and speed from the computer when the engine let go. Considering I was probably at 55 - 60 mph at part throttle getting up to speed then I'm guessing that would benefit better than wot at 6,500 rpm's. I'm not close with the service manager or mechanic, they were very cordial and had some good laughs about it. I am friends with the ownership, so it is more than likely their discretion of the warranty factor, they did coordinate with my tuner and order all the aftermarket parts from him to be built in the loan. I would say my circumstance is probably the exception to most, but I am from a small community where the majority of the town either knows you or related.
The tune you had is directly responsible for the engine failure and removing it and passing it off as not tuned is fraud. You should probably do your​ friends a favor and stop advertising what you have done.

In case you missed it, some tuners are blowing engines left and right while.others are not. This is likely a result of poor tuning strategies that don't handle a low octane event very well. The engine knock that results can cause catastrophic engine failure, or over time this knocking can weaken engine components until it finally pops.

There is no engine defect, it is a defective tune .

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PJB

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Ok, seemed to have pissed someone off. I came on here to give my story just like the rest, maybe to help someone who may have a similar situation, I was honest in what I said, the way I handled everything, and with my case it is between me and the dealer and no one else. If you can't accept that and the answers I have provided don't bother commenting on anything I post.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
God damn people. Guy gets his motor replaced and all I hear is hate. Who cares honestly, it's not like ford is hurting. Not to mention 99.9% of people on here have committed "fraud" in one shape or another. Technically speaking passing a child off as younger to gain access to let's say an amusement park or movie is fraud. So everyone needs to come off their high horse and relax.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
God damn people. Guy gets his motor replaced and all I hear is hate. Who cares honestly, it's not like ford is hurting. Not to mention 99.9% of people on here have committed "fraud" in one shape or another. Technically speaking passing a child off as younger to gain access to let's say an amusement park or movie is fraud. So everyone needs to come off their high horse and relax.
:clap2:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Haha amusement ticket != new motor. Theres a couple zeros missing in the price haha.

Sorry had to grab a ladle and stir the pot :)

Sponsored

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
So Maggneto you personally examined the car and the tune, so you know as a fact this is what caused the failure?
Yep, typical cancerous maggneto.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I care because unjustified costs like this get passed on to everyone else who buys the product, just like insurance rates are jacked up by idiots and the rest of us with 100% clean records have to pay for it. Not saying the tune did, or didn't cause the issue. But the tech quoted straight lying to Ford because he knew they would deny it, or look into it further yes I care.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
This kid is blabbering about a crime, and I am telling him to stop blabbering about committing a crime. That is not hate, it's good sound advice. Comparing this fraud to an amusement park what the f@#$ are you pudding heads talking about?

Go put that 93 tune back on and see if Ford replaces another blown engine.

Last edited:

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
edits too strong

Last edited:
OP
OP
PJB

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
To you Magnetto, being called a kid, you do not know me or anything about me, so you must think I am a someone blowing smoke. I don't care what you think, I have read enough of your garbage and what others have said about you so I am going to take the high road and not tell you what I want because it is easy to call people out on a forum. I will give you something you don't know about me and that I am an Combat Vet, and I am still serving this country that gives your azz the right to come on here and spew your trash like you have proven a point on me. I would say 43 years old is far from a kid. Call FORD BigBoy and see how far you get on FRAUD, they will laugh just like the rest on here are laughing at you.
Sponsored