Sponsored

Email regarding recall: 22S37 Powertrain Control Module

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I received an email this morning regarding a recall on my 2019. The email came via CarFax (I am not a fan, but my dealer submitted my ownership information to them without my knowledge). I don't recall seeing anything here on the forum. Have I just not been paying attention?

Email text:
06/01/2022
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA: #Pending
Recall: #22S37 POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
REPROGRAMING

Locate an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer or call 866-436-7332 to obtain more information
Show Less
Description:
THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE PCM MAY BROADCAST AN UNINTENDED FAULTED SIGNAL WHICH WHEN RECEIVED BY MODULES CONTROLLING THE REVERSE CAMERA, REVERSE LIGHT, AND DRIVER ASSIST FEATURES, MAY DISABLE THESE FUNCTIONS.
A REAR VIEW CAMERA OR REVERSE LAMP THAT IS DISABLED REDUCES THE DRIVERS VIEW OF WHAT IS BEHIND THE VEHICLE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH. A DISABLED DRIVER ASSIST FEATURE TRACTION CONTROL, FORWARD COLLISION WARNING, BLIND SPOT WARNING, CROSS TRAFFIC INDICATOR MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE POWER CONTROL MODULE PCM SOFTWARE UPDATED PER STANDARD WORKSHOP MANUAL PROCEDURES. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL IN MAY 2021. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS ESTIMATED TO BE JUNE 24, 2022.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Interesting. Wonder what the range of affected vehicles is. I don't see anything anywhere for my car, even on Fordpass.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Did you check to see the email address that this came from? It might be spam. The is nothing anywhere online about this.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I found this same recall via the Ford Pass app so it is legit....

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 8.36.54 AM.png

Search via VIN or log into your Ford account here - https://www.ford.com/support/recalls
Yep, I just looked on there and my car is due for the recall. 2020 with an October 2019 build date.

My first recall! Woohoo. So far I've dodged them all.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yep, I just looked on there and my car is due for the recall. 2020 with an October 2019 build date.

My first recall! Woohoo. So far I've dodged them all.
Just checked the Ford Owner site. Nothing for me, yet!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just checked the Ford Owner site. Nothing for me, yet!
Same same. That's good news. Already had a few issues with the vehicle that weren't recall related but that were still warranty.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got the notification for mine in Fordpass. 12/20 build date.

I haven't noticed anything like what the recall describes or even heard of anyone here complaining of a similar issue.

I'll be interested to hear more about this once more information becomes available

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I haven't noticed anything like what the recall describes or even heard of anyone here complaining of a similar issue.
I just found it in my Ford Pass app as well.

TBH, my rear cross traffic alert system is intermittent. Dealer has been unable to replicate in a couple of occasions. Never bothered me enough to check for codes on my own.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Got the notification for mine in Fordpass. 12/20 build date.

I'll be interested to hear more about this once more information becomes available
Every once in a while doing autocross I lose all my assists after a run, and it's fixed immediately after a restart. Wonder if that's what this addresses.

Sponsored

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Every once in a while doing autocross I lose all my assists after a run, and it's fixed immediately after a restart. Wonder if that's what this addresses.
Sure sounds like it.

I wonder if there were a few accidents related to this that made Ford jump on it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I find it interesting that this message is even being sent to any Ford Owner with an NHTSA "Pending" in place of an actual NHTSA Recall #. Usually such notifications are not sent until an official NHTSA Recall has been issued/approved with an actual NHTSA Recall #.

Chris50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I saw the recall on my Ford Pass app. I called the dealership to make an appointment to take the car in, and the person I talked to said he doesn’t know why Ford posted the recall in the app when they don’t even have the program to fix the issue. He said wait for the recall message in the mail then make an appointment.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I find it interesting that this message is even being sent to any Ford Owner with an NHTSA "Pending" in place of an actual NHTSA Recall #. Usually such notifications are not sent until an official NHTSA Recall has been issued/approved with an actual NHTSA Recall #.
Same thing happened with the recall on my wife's Explorer. For some reason it shows up on Ford pass before anyone knows anything about it.
Its annoying because we all spend days speculating what the heck is wrong and what exactly they are going to do about it

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Same thing happened with the recall on my wife's Explorer. For some reason it shows up on Ford pass before anyone knows anything about it.
Its annoying because we all spend days speculating what the heck is wrong and what exactly they are going to do about it
Yeah, I feel like in the chain of stuff related to a recall, the customer should be the last to be notified and only when a fix is actually ready...
Sponsored