Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

I was looking at the 2020 Mustang's technical specifications here, and something jumped out at me:
Screenshot 2020-02-24 at 20.05.12.png

What gives? I hope they didn't put an electric handbrake in the 2020 model. Please tell me they didn't. :frown:

Thanks.
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
all the regular 2020's (not 350/500)that I've looked have the regular e-brake handle(with the idiot light in the cluster).
Only the GT500's have the electric e-brake button on the console.
the idiot light on the cluster may be the "electric" part they are describing in your screen shot

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe the export version is different from the North American version in this respect.

I had a car with an e-Pbrake. Didn't much care for it.

Norm

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
looks like a second caliper on the rear solely for handbrake duties - they list a 4 pot rear caliper as well so not the 350 style drum in rear disc brake - like 90percent of most normal cars and not the stupid integral handbrake rear brake caliper in the rest of the s550 range.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe the export version is different from the North American version in this respect.
It's not apparent in my screenshot, but the specifications are for the American version. I can tell, because the GT is listed as 460 HP, and the Bullit as 480 HP, whereas in Europe they are 450 HP and 460 HP respectively.

I had a car with an e-Pbrake. Didn't much care for it.
I've had mine for three years now, and I still haven't got used to it. I hate it. I can't wait to get rid of it.
So, I do hope there's a mistake in the document, or a poor choice of words, because if my Mustang comes with a stupid switch I will be very disappointed. :D

enginerd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Micah
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 6MT Orange Fury
Sometimes for track cars, they'll use a secondary electric parking brake. That way if you need to use the parking brake when the rotors are hot, they'll push on the top of them or lock them somehow that lets them cool evenly. This avoids warping the rotors or welding the pads to them by applying parking brake clamping forces while there is a lot of heat in the rotors. I wouldn't imagine they'll do it for the street-oriented cars as these systems cost money and Ford needs all they can save.
Sponsored