Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hi all,

Anyone see any issues running the kit 3.0 pulley on the 2300 unit? i've heard not to go below 3.25 pulley on pump gas, is it ok in this case because its only a 2300 rotor pack and not the 2650? One would hope what Edelbrock supply in their base kit would be safe to run on pump gas.
76mm (3") have been run on 93 octane applications running a 2300 TVS unit. VMP has been known to do it.But in the end it is about the setup, the octane level in your fuel available, and what your tuner suggests. They are the final say on topics such as this.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
76mm (3") have been run on 93 octane applications running a 2300 TVS unit. VMP has been known to do it.But in the end it is about the setup, the octane level in your fuel available, and what your tuner suggests. They are the final say on topics such as this.
Ask a tuner. I would run octane booster if it's on the edge. You can get power by lowering the back pressure in the system if you want something considered safe.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ask a tuner. I would run octane booster if it's on the edge. You can get power by lowering the back pressure in the system if you want something considered safe.

I believe we agree.

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
As a general rule of thumb its best to limit boost to 10lbs when running 93 pump gas. Any tuner worth his salt will tell you that. One bad tank of 93 would be very bad above 10lbs.
I am running A 2300 ROTOR. Started out with the 3.0 pulley that came in the kit. Installed the 3.25 and the car hooks better. Keep in mind this is just a fun street car for me. I get into some roll racing and have not lost yet...lol.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ Lund, PBD, and VMP had no issues tuning my car on 93 running a 3.15 pulley (80mm that comes stock on the Roush 2300 setup) which makes 11 - 11.5 psi average conservatively throughout on my setup. Max timing at WOT is at 18 degrees with the knock PID trying to add as much as 2 degrees more timing throughout the pull ( I currently run Lund myself). When I looked to Lund on my 14 FI setup they wanted me to drop from an 82 mm to an 80mm (3.25 - 3.15) and add larger FI's off the bat before they would tune the car. That car was making 10.0 psi already on the setup safely (18 degrees of timing) with an 82mm pulley (your 3.25 equal) on a VMP 93 tune. So I am not sure where you are getting your 411 given John Lund tuned your car as well as he did mine.

Again - ask the tuner and may I add use a tuner with a good reputation. Don't try to save a few bucks.

Sponsored

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I agree with you completely!
I am tuned now by Lund and formerly PBD. Alex Flores will gladly tell you 10lbs is perfect with 93 gas.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
^^^ Lund, PBD, and VMP had no issues tuning my car on 93 running a 3.15 pulley (80mm that comes stock on the Roush 2300 setup) which makes 11 - 11.5 psi average conservatively throughout on my setup. Max timing at WOT is at 18 degrees with the knock PID trying to add as much as 2 degrees more timing throughout the pull ( I currently run Lund myself). When I looked to Lund on my 14 FI setup they wanted me to drop from an 82 mm to an 80mm (3.25 - 3.15) and add larger FI's off the bat before they would tune the car. That car was making 10.0 psi already on the setup safely (18 degrees of timing) with an 82mm pulley (your 3.25 equal) on a VMP 93 tune. So I am not sure where you are getting your 411 given John Lund tuned your car as well as he did mine.

Again - ask the tuner and may I add use a tuner with a good reputation. Don't try to save a few bucks.
Thanks guys, I don’t doubt my tuner as they’re pretty well known here. They haven’t questioned the pulley size but I’ll bring it to their attention incase they didn’t even check (which I doubt) was more so a general question if it isn’t as bad on the 2300 rotor packs

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Stock with a 3.25 on the stage 1
I don't know about stage two, the lower is different on the 8 rib as well.
A 3.0 is a minimum of 12 psi on the 2650. The 3.25 is 11 lbs.
stage 2 stock is a 3.50 and is over 13psi, wouldnt suggest it with cats and 93....stage 2 and a 3.75 is just slightly more ratio 2.09 if memory serves than stock and 3.25....either way if its on the street with FFE and a tune....its ALL you could want and then some...lol

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thanks guys, I don’t doubt my tuner as they’re pretty well known here. They haven’t questioned the pulley size but I’ll bring it to their attention incase they didn’t even check (which I doubt) was more so a general question if it isn’t as bad on the 2300 rotor packs
Its all about volume. The larger displacement the PD unit is the less pressure you need to create the volume to fill the cylinder on a given fuel type. Lower boost at higher volume (2.9 vice 2.3 for example) making the same amount of air will be more efficient as well. Lower IAT developed in the compression process of the head unit means less heat to pull out by the I.C(aka less work). system which means lower IAT temps and MORE molecules in the same volume (packed tighter). Simple physics.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its all about volume. The larger displacement the PD unit is the less pressure you need to create the volume to fill the cylinder on a given fuel type. Lower boost at higher volume (2.9 vice 2.3 for example) making the same amount of air will be more efficient as well. Lower IAT developed in the compression process of the head unit means less heat to pull out by the I.C(aka less work). system which means lower IAT temps and MORE molecules in the same volume (packed tighter). Simple physics.
Wait..what? Pressure is pressure. If you cram more air (larger displacement) into the same size hole, you get more boost.
I think what you meant to say was that a larger displacement SC doesn’t need to rotate as quickly in order to deliver the same amount of air/boost, in turn (in theory) delivering a more dense air charge (again, in theory).

Sponsored

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Wait..what? Pressure is pressure. If you cram more air (larger displacement) into the same size hole, you get more boost.
I think what you meant to say was that a larger displacement SC doesn’t need to rotate as quickly in order to deliver the same amount of air/boost, in turn (in theory) delivering a more dense air charge (again, in theory).
That’s how I understood it Burkey, I’m new to the supercharger game, it sounded like he was saying a 3.0 pulley on a 2.3 rotor pack won’t create as much boost compared to a 3.0 on a 2650/2.9? Correct me if I’m way off

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That’s how I understood it Burkey, I’m new to the supercharger game, it sounded like he was saying a 3.0 pulley on a 2.3 rotor pack won’t create as much boost compared to a 3.0 on a 2650/2.9? Correct me if I’m way off
You can't directly compare then unless everything was completely equal except for the displacement (Gearing, Rotor Twist, ETC). These two rotor packs likely spin at different speeds.
The larger rotor pack would not have to spin as fast to achieve the same boost, since it has more displacement.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
stage 2 stock is a 3.50 and is over 13psi, wouldnt suggest it with cats and 93....stage 2 and a 3.75 is just slightly more ratio 2.09 if memory serves than stock and 3.25....either way if its on the street with FFE and a tune....its ALL you could want and then some...lol
Yea this is the reason I didn't go Stage 2, too much boost for 93, I'm sure the timing is lowered as well. I smile every time i see "11" pop up at full song.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yes. Either way less work is being done to produce the same amount of mass which results in cooler air which results on more air molecules in a given area making the air more dense. More air means more O2 molecules in a given space.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Anyone lower their engine? I just dropped mine a half inch to allow the O2 sensor to fit while installing long tube headers and now the intake tube barely connects to the airbox. I'm not real comfortable with it like that. Anyone else have this issue or am I just lucky? I hate to go back into the motor mounts but after I install th new O2 sensor maybe I'll raise it up a quarter inch after cutting away the heat shielding and sound deadener.
Sponsored