Sponsored

Edelbrock 1586 kit

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Meh... why copy someone. Tons of ways to do this. I rather someone innovate and perhaps discover something new than rehash what currently exists. Maybe this new idea they are working on will kick the snot out of Whipple, maybe it doesn't.

I'm more interested in what it does at the track. Could be a gerbil making all the power, won't care so long as the little booger doesn't stop running. :D

umm because it works lol you have to drive the supercharger from somewhere and if its not at the front then that frees up space for a huge TB which = moar powaa
Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
a GOOD friend of mine trapped 137.69 MPH with his Edelbrock 2650.... on 12 psi

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Yes, ok, lol, it was written in the specs :D

But I mean, what's the difference on the road? What about the efficiency? mileage? What is doing less noise?

I would like to put one of these in my wish list! :cheers:
The 2650 rotor pack is more efficient and gives you more room to grow. Mileage depends mostly on the driver but that wont change much between the two rotor groups. As we ship the kit, the 2650 is a little quieter since we under-drive it with a 3.25" pulley compared to a 3.00" pulley on the 2300 kits.

umm because it works lol you have to drive the supercharger from somewhere and if its not at the front then that frees up space for a huge TB which = moar powaa
It certainly does work. ;)

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ok, lol, it was written in the specs :D

But I mean, what's the difference on the road? What about the efficiency? mileage? What is doing less noise?

I would like to put one of these in my wish list! :cheers:
If you would like to talk to someone about the kit who has many miles of experience on a one. Just shoot me a message.

Sponsored

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
The 2650 rotor pack is more efficient and gives you more room to grow. Mileage depends mostly on the driver but that wont change much between the two rotor groups. As we ship the kit, the 2650 is a little quieter since we under-drive it with a 3.25" pulley compared to a 3.00" pulley on the 2300 kits.
If you would like to talk to someone about the kit who has many miles of experience on a one. Just shoot me a message.
Just two questions. What gas mileage drop can I expect after supercharge my car, with the same driving style, low rpm on highways?

How much loud is the whine?

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just two questions. What gas mileage drop can I expect after supercharge my car, with the same driving style, low rpm on highways?

How much loud is the whine?
1-2 if that. We spend a lot of time tuning in those areas to comply with emissions standards.

With a closed air box, the operation of TVS superchargers is relatively quiet. When these blowers are spun hard (15+psi) with an open air box the whine is definitely noticeable but not as loud as a screw blower.

Edelbrock superchargers are more OE like than some other aftermarket solutions. Sleeper! ;)

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
1-2 if that. We spend a lot of time tuning in those areas to comply with emissions standards.

With a closed air box, the operation of TVS superchargers is relatively quiet. When these blowers are spun hard (15+psi) with an open air box the whine is definitely noticeable but not as loud as a screw blower.

Edelbrock superchargers are more OE like than some other aftermarket solutions. Sleeper! ;)
Couldn't have been explained any better

sijoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What is the plan for a supercharger kit for the 2018+ Mustang?

I see that the Petty Mustang has an Edelbrock kit. Did they just use the same kit for the 15-17 GT or did Edelbrock work with them in developing a kit for the 2018?

56005e57a6c65_hd_2018-ford-mustang-gt-petty-s-garage-king-premier-006.jpg

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the plan for a supercharger kit for the 2018+ Mustang?

I see that the Petty Mustang has an Edelbrock kit. Did they just use the same kit for the 15-17 GT or did Edelbrock work with them in developing a kit for the 2018?
The 2018 Edelbrock Branded Supercharger will get our newest version of the 2650 TVS. More on that soon.

Petty's Garage wanted to build cars before our update was going to be ready, so we adapted the 2015-2017 2650 TVS to the 2018.

The 2018 Mustang Edelbrock E-Force supercharger will be different than what is on Petty's Mustangs. ;)
Sponsored