Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Honestly, for cheap fun FWD to flip around, I would think the Fiesta ST would probably be a bit more energetic than the Focus, just due to chassis size.
Seems to be more fun, the mustang is less fun around town but you cant power oversteer a Fiesta or Focus...they are all awesome cars ford is building, happy to be able to be in the middle of it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Honestly, for cheap fun FWD to flip around, I would think the Fiesta ST would probably be a bit more energetic than the Focus, just due to chassis size.
It is. If you go back a bit in this thread, you'll see I actually prefer the driving dynamics of the FiST over the FoST. The problem is that the Focus is just such a better car in terms of interior quality (and actually being able to fit others).

Seems to be more fun, the mustang is less fun around town but you cant power oversteer a Fiesta or Focus...they are all awesome cars ford is building, happy to be able to be in the middle of it!
Maybe can't power oversteer them, but the Focus is really tail happy in sport mode. If you want to kick the rear end out, the torque vectoring system is always happy to oblige.

Darin1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, On Order 2015 GT PP
I love my Focus ST its definitely the most fun FWD car I've driven. The way you can get liftoff oversteer is incredibly fun I haven't driven either Mustang yet due to my deployment so I can only give one side of it but it'll definitely be a bitter sweet moment trading it in for the Mustang.

OP
OP
Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I think your experience will largely depend on your expectations. The Focus will still be the more nimble car - you just can't make up for 500 lbs in weight. But the mustang offers a whole different experience with a meaty powerband and better interior refinement, so I'd say it's more of a true grand touring car than any previous mustang.

On the other hand, if you want a performance monster, the Shelby will annihilate anything in its path lol. I know a few guys on the engine team that are super excited about how powerful the Voodoo is; obviously they won't tell me the dyno numbers, but the engine + massively upgraded chasis should make for a surreal drivers car.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
I think your experience will largely depend on your expectations. The Focus will still be the more nimble car - you just can't make up for 500 lbs in weight. But the mustang offers a whole different experience with a meaty powerband and better interior refinement, so I'd say it's more of a true grand touring car than any previous mustang.

On the other hand, if you want a performance monster, the Shelby will annihilate anything in its path lol. I know a few guys on the engine team that are super excited about how powerful the Voodoo is; obviously they won't tell me the dyno numbers, but the engine + massively upgraded chasis should make for a surreal drivers car.
Awesome.
Sponsored