Sponsored

Ecobeasts that have NOT Boomed!

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
So we have all been hearing about all of the EcoBooms recently, which in return is probably blown out of proportion and overly scaring new ecoboost owners. Just to give them some peace of mind, who has potentially enjoyed their Ecoboost the most? How many miles? How long have you owned the beast? Average % driven city/highway? And any mods?
I'll start:
9k miles and counting
1 year exactly
Avg 25% city, 75% highway(mostly road trips down Highway 1!)
CAI, Catless downpipe, Catback Exhaust, Tune, waste gate(New in box), catch can(New in box). Currently deciding on which intercooler & potentially turbo upgrade to be had! :cheers:
Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Modded since 2500miles. Adams tune, adams trans tune, cai, pipes, intercooler, dual valve catch can, clean side catch can, cfm breather, had a dp but back to stock because it made a clanking noise (defect), im hoping to get a catted replacement soon cause the power drop can really be felt. tune plus wastegate in the box. Frankly i need to set a day apart for it and also i dont have the $ for the tune. Maybe ill convince him to do a single timer tune like he used to do������.

With said stuff im at 19k miles. I drive like i stole it. Really. Did doughnuts the other day, i track it (on humid 90+ degree days), am constantly trying to break my 137 mph high speed record and i daily drive it everywhere. Rotella t6 almost always (EVERY 3K) CAR STARTED DOING A WEIRD TUG/STALL THE 1 TIME USED MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC. Switched back to rotella and it was gine. Oil in these cars matter. A lot. Next oil change is gonna be amsoil or redline.

1/4 mile not being my thing, with this being a very hot year round and very humid island, it ran a best 12.5 on 275s michellin pilot super sports. 70 degree weather, better driver and slicker tires and itll run 11s easy.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
And for what its worth my neighbor just blew up his bolt on coyote. And theres a very famous story at the local dealership where the guy blew up a cobra 100 feet from the lot. Its not a mustang thing, its a car thing

OP
OP
EcoBoostin

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
Modded since 2500miles. Adams tune, adams trans tune, cai, pipes, intercooler, dual valve catch can, clean side catch can, cfm breather, had a dp but back to stock because it made a clanking noise (defect), im hoping to get a catted replacement soon cause the power drop can really be felt. tune plus wastegate in the box. Frankly i need to set a day apart for it and also i dont have the $ for the tune. Maybe ill convince him to do a single timer tune like he used to do������.

With said stuff im at 19k miles. I drive like i stole it. Really. Did doughnuts the other day, i track it (on humid 90+ degree days), am constantly trying to break my 137 mph high speed record and i daily drive it everywhere. Rotella t6 almost always (EVERY 3K) CAR STARTED DOING A WEIRD TUG/STALL THE 1 TIME USED MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC. Switched back to rotella and it was gine. Oil in these cars matter. A lot. Next oil change is gonna be amsoil or redline.

1/4 mile not being my thing, with this being a very hot year round and very humid island, it ran a best 12.5 on 275s michellin pilot super sports. 70 degree weather, better driver and slicker tires and itll run 11s easy.
Sweet! I had my first oil change at 1k miles. Right when I got home I installed the MAP CAI and Cobb tune. I love how the automatics respond to the tunes! Too bad I have a MT, wish I owned both haha.

cdenoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium/PP
Mines too young to chime in. But it has 2200 trouble free miles. It's been tuned since 500 miles. And I'm a downpipe away from full bolt ons right now. Currently being tuned by Adam. Once I install my downpipe I'll look into e30 and meth.

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
26k miles

Owned since Jan 1, 2015 when there were none on the road and people thought the car was foreign
Highway 60% City 40%
Broke in the engine according to owners manual, I always use motorcraft full synthetic and been modding since the 1k mark, car has never smoked,
Full bolt ons now, and Tune+ tunes since 5k

Vargas stage 2 is looking real good once I have the $, unless I win the giveaway, and then I'll be done I promise

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I've had a cobb OTS map on the car since 1800 miles, currently 6300. Bought it in December of 2015 (2016 Base Model Automatic), I've since added cat-back and intake. I'm awaiting my Level's Intercooler to be built and shipped and get it on the car. I will then be testing the Cobb OTS Stage 2 tune vs the Free tune from MAPerformance that I got to see the difference. I will likely send logs of both to Adam with Tune+ to see if he believes the tunes are safe and running properly as well. As far as enjoying my car it is an absolute blast. I daily it (mostly highway) and mix in spirited driving. Average combined fuel mileage is around 27-28. Couldn't be happier with it.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I picked up my car August 7th 2015. Mine was stock for exactly 570 kilometers (The distance from the port in Bremerhaven, on the morning of August 8th I put on my Cobb Stage 1 tune.

From there I went MAP, CAI the MAP FMIC, Mishimoto Catchcan, MAP Cat back and Finally MAP catles dp and Adam Tune. I have done silly shit in my Ecobeast like this
attachment.jpg

Multiple times.

I Have just eclipsed 19k kilometers or ~ 12k trouble free miles smoking Audis, BMWs Mercs and just recently a Porsche on the Autobahn. So yeah I'm driving the piss out of her and loving every minute.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Vargas stage 2 is looking real good once I have the $, unless I win the giveaway, and then I'll be done I promise
Vargas Stage 2 is making me all Jittery just thinking about it:love:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
26,000 miles. Owned since mid December 2014. Tuned by Livernois since 5000 miles. All mods in my signature. I don't like to lose stoplight races so it's driven hard.

Top speed I've hit is 147mph but here's a shot at 140. I get about 23mpg in mixed daily driving and have had no serious issues so far.
IMG_20160327_094119.jpg

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I couldn't be happier with mine.

41,000klms
JLT CAI
Bama 93 octane race tune
Full turbo back Solo Performance Exhaust
UPR 2 stage oil separator
Eibach Pro Kit springs

Daily driver that I love to drive hard, WOT to redline

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
17k since February 2015. Stock. I floor it in 6th gear and it doesn't blow up.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I've put 27k on my car since November 2014. COBB stage 1 at 400 miles.

Before I knew better (this is my first manual car) I lugged the snot out of it on the highway, LSPI zone for days. It wasn't until I started watching knock count that I realized how aggressive I have to be with downshifting.

Only real engine mods (for now) are Mishi FMIC, UPR DVCC, and COBB tune.

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
I had mine for a year before I went to the dark side and bought a GT. Call it a midlife crisis thing. 12000 miles, MT, MAP CAI and FMIC, Adam tuned Cobb, Tune +wga, upr single catch can. Mostly around town (read hot here in sunny FLA) with a trip to the Keys and a trip to Acadia National Park in Maine. Usually on the gas hard. Never a hiccup or burp. It was a blast! I did notice I would get one or two knock counts if I floored it in 5th or 6th with the revs below 3k. I stopped doing that.

Gn n 60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Convertible
21k miles with Adams tune. I drive it like a mustang should be driven. Has seen many a stoplight race but still drives (and smells) like a new car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored