Sponsored

Eco Boost or GT

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
I went with the EB. GT was difficult to pass up but I'm happy with my decision.

EB is...

$7k cheaper

Easy to mod for additional power. I previously owned a similar TDI platform (BMW 135i) and you could get those to well over 400rwhp with relatively minor modifications

200 lbs lighter

Closer to 50/50 weight distribution

Aftermarket hasn't scratched surface and already at ~350hp/~450tq on 93 tune only
Sponsored

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
I have more or less settled on the ecoboost manual - I just can't justify extra 10-15k on a v8 plus I'll have heaps more fun modding a turbo, plus it's lighter. Hoping for a mid 40's driveaway...

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
I have more or less settled on the ecoboost manual - I just can't justify extra 10-15k on a v8 plus I'll have heaps more fun modding a turbo, plus it's lighter. Hoping for a mid 40's driveaway...
Yeah, good idea. But are you going to miss the deep v8 engine?

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Hi everyone,
I will be looking to buy one next year, and as much as I like the GT, I am starting to think modified Eco Boost.
To qualify:
I have wanted a mustang since dad's 66 convertable was totalled in around 72.
Love the concept of a v8, but am now over 50, and some sense is coming into play :D

My commute is up a mountain range, and then 50k back country roads. Then the reverse return home.

Fuel price up in FNQ is much higher than in metro areas.

Possibility of boosting turbo power to 350+ hp with not much effort.

Currently drive a JCW MINI, which is like a go cart on steroids. So used to some handling ability.

Am planning on driving a BMW 235i and seeing what it is like. Some comparisons have been made, and the Mustang will be at least $30k less.

Not sure if i want to wait until local dealer has both models in stock to try though. The wait is killing me.

Fords silence on pricing, and specs is also annoying.

Any comparisons or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken
Gotta be the V8 or forget it.

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
screw the GT, get a fully loaded premium EB get X-plan and lease for super low monthly payments

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
We cant get xplan and our interest rates are much higher then you guys. The car will be limited here so haggling will be tough to impossible

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saleen E, 2007 Roush, 2013 GT, 2015 GT
At least the price in Australia is the price.
In the US the dealer can charge a "bump" which is over the list price to the extent that he believes some one will pay.
Was offered a 50th anniversary model at 50k over list price in Oregon,decided to decline it as i am not quite that stupid.
Waiting for ford to reveal final pricing and options before making the leap over here.
All we need now is an exhaust that is not raspy at WOT and i will be a happy camper.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I went with the EcoBoost. With simple bolt ons and Tune and theres plenty of power especially for a street car. Amazing gas mileage.. Aftermarket is going to be huge for the Turbo in a couple of years. After a awhile there will be some sick EcoBoost Mustangs making big power and with much cheaper auto insurance then the v8. Fast car thats $7k cheaper with cheaper insurance + better gas mileage = me happy

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I went with the EcoBoost. With simple bolt ons and Tune and theres plenty of power especially for a street car. Amazing gas mileage.. Aftermarket is going to be huge for the Turbo in a couple of years. After a awhile there will be some sick EcoBoost Mustangs making big power and with much cheaper auto insurance then the v8. Fast car thats $7k cheaper with cheaper insurance + better gas mileage = me happy
I'll just x2 yours (including the Guard) :) The handling is amazing and it did GREAT out on the autocross course this weekend, beating several Mustang GTs. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I'll just x2 yours (including the Guard) :) The handling is amazing and it did GREAT out on the autocross course this weekend, beating several Mustang GTs. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I am sorta starting to want guard. Its sorta like a green, but really dark. I could get guard so it would look a bit like my 67. Anyone else thinking the same?

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I believe to have stumbled across a likely yet unconfirmed price for us here in Aus. I had a look at some of the main american cities prices for the focus and fiesta and compared it with Brisbanes prices for them. Both prices had a difference of around $6000 so I am thinking that the same thing could happen with the 2015 mustang. With a stock price of $32100 for the GT in america, we in australia will probably end up with a price of around about $38600, with around $31600 for the Ecoboost. After all, they want to beat all the other manufacturers like Audi and BMW. But if it had to be a choice bwtween the GT and Ecoboost, I would choose the GT because it has the excitement that the ecoboost doesn't, and it is something you can drive everyday, just without the fuel efficency of the Ecoboost.
Haha! Looks like I was wrong! By a mile!

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Haha! Looks like I was wrong! By a mile!
Like a few of us were saying right from the word go.

In any case the pricing is lower than I was expecting and certainly puts in a bit of a bargain status, especially the ecoboost!

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
Like a few of us were saying right from the word go.

In any case the pricing is lower than I was expecting and certainly puts in a bit of a bargain status, especially the ecoboost!
Yes, it is a good thing its not $70000! Although, a rule of mine is that everyone gets their own opinion. It may be proved wrong later but its not something to rub in someones face!
Sponsored