Sponsored

Eco Boost or GT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I am keen to know how you go. Also anyone in Melb keen to share shipping costs? I want to order some stuff as soon as we have delivery month
I potentially could be interested and am from Melb!
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I dont have problems with ordering most of the external parts at this stage but am hesitant regarding exhaust and under bonnet bits yet. The conversion to rhd will have them changing the location of quite a few bits in the engine bay and may require header length change or cat position change. The current off the shelf stuff available from the USA may not fit the export rhd cars.

Last edited:

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
You'd hope it doesn't change headers lengths. Current LHD cars seem very symmetrical with that regard so hoping RHD will result in the same symmetry.

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
I would also be interested and am in Melb as well. I still want to wait until we have a confirmed position on the Oz specs and then on US parts compatibility....

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes I would assume things like the oil catch seperators, CAI, hood struts with battery placement etc wouldn't be affected. I thought possibly the exhaust might have some differences but obviously can't really confirm.

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
The battery would have to swap sides as the brakes and steering will be on the side that it currently is, but the bonnet hinge points will be the same, so the hood strut mod should be ok. I am on the fence with that mod though, as the bonnet is made out of aluminium and would flex a lot with the load from gas struts...I think it may cause some rippling or stress cracks in the bonnet structure over a period of time. Even steel bonnets show some external flex when closing.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
The battery would have to swap sides as the brakes and steering will be on the side that it currently is, but the bonnet hinge points will be the same, so the hood strut mod should be ok. I am on the fence with that mod though, as the bonnet is made out of aluminium and would flex a lot with the load from gas struts...I think it may cause some rippling or stress cracks in the bonnet structure over a period of time. Even steel bonnets show some external flex when closing.
I agree there will have to be some change in the engine bay but I don't think they would make it overly different for the exhaust as this would be at an extra cost to Ford. It seems as though they are building this car to budget.

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well it appears we are so closely linked with EU as soon as they start modding we should get some answers on things people are installing. Time to watch the EU threads a bit more carefully.

OP
OP
Mudnut

Mudnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW MINI & Land Rover Defender
Well today I answered my own question. Put pen to paper, and signed for a 2016 Ruby Red GT Manual. Wish the Recaros were available here in Australia, but didn't want to wait an other year.
As much as the Eco Boost appealed to my head, I just couldn't go past the V8. Might keep it for a while, using up lots of hydrocarbons, and wait for something like the Tesla to come down in price, and give one a try. :D
I think the 3.55 gearing will be good for my commute, and I don't have much city traffic to deal with living up here.
Already looking at Steeda springs and sway bars, suitcase delete with a H-pipe, and an MGW short shifter. I could probably bring that home with me when I go overseas in January, but springs and sway bars might be too much. Ford Racing has Recaros for around 3k a pair (in the US), or just order from the factory in Europe. Where does the modding end??
Oh well I have a year to wait, and plan.

Cheers,
Ken

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Well today I answered my own question. Put pen to paper, and signed for a 2016 Ruby Red GT Manual. Wish the Recaros were available here in Australia, but didn't want to wait an other year.
As much as the Eco Boost appealed to my head, I just couldn't go past the V8. Might keep it for a while, using up lots of hydrocarbons, and wait for something like the Tesla to come down in price, and give one a try. :D
I think the 3.55 gearing will be good for my commute, and I don't have much city traffic to deal with living up here.
Already looking at Steeda springs and sway bars, suitcase delete with a H-pipe, and an MGW short shifter. I could probably bring that home with me when I go overseas in January, but springs and sway bars might be too much. Ford Racing has Recaros for around 3k a pair (in the US), or just order from the factory in Europe. Where does the modding end??
Oh well I have a year to wait, and plan.

Cheers,
Ken
Congrats on the purchase, Ken! Let me know if you have any questions at all when the time comes to pick up those mods!

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
David will you ship to aus? (At a reasonable rate)
Last I checked on the live-chat, they said they will and will calculate shipping manually.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David will you ship to aus? (At a reasonable rate)

We could definitely calculate shipping for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored