Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
"spend money today, make more tomorrow" is a quote.
and yes, I got a good deal on my trade in, the depreciation on a 15 mustang is about 6k loss for the first year then about 2k every year there after projected. If you take care of it and stay under 10-15k miles a year.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Check your spark plugs, sounds like they could be fouled. And get a catch can. With my single valve catch can, cyclinder 3 still fouls over time due to oil. Get a dual valve CC.

If that's too much work I know a bunch of dealers who would love to sell you another car lol

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Well considering the Eco boost have lost a ton of value it might just have to wait it out before i can pull that trigger . hopefully in the future ill get one.
Well Gt's have lost a ton of value also so your loss on the eco will be a wash. Find a low mileage premium for around 30 and trade it off. Although you'll need to check spark plugs on the v8 also..

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well Gt's have lost a ton of value also so your loss on the eco will be a wash. Find a low mileage premium for around 30 and trade it off. Although you'll need to check spark plugs on the v8 also..
As soon as you drive the car off the lot it loses $3k in value :eyebulge: but in all seriousness OP check plugs

Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
So the RPM momentarily drops at idle to about 500, then comes back up? In any vehicle I've worked on that happens when something pulls additional vacuum or load on the engine (A/C compressor, brake booster, etc), and then the stumble is the time it takes for the idle air control valve on the TB to pick back up.

You don't really have a problem until PCV fouling makes the IAC 'stick' or makes it too slow. In that case, the engine may stall out.

Basically, unless your motor is stalling out, don't sweat it. When it does start to, clean the IAC. Or, invest in a catch can.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Just throwing this out there.. I disconnected the battery on my car to fix the bluetooth and found that my car drove better.. mpg's went up slightly to. If you have been running 89 for the life of the car and are now using 93, couldn't hurt just to try see if it improves in any way..

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
When putting my car back to stock I did notice my charge pipes and throttle body were bone dry but it was a little dusty like dirt was either making it through my intake filter or being drawn in from somewhere else
Did you have a CAI installed? I've seen on Youtube where Ford dealer mechanics are ranting about this when CAI's are installed on Ecoboost engines...:rant:I guess they don't filter the crap out of the air intake as good as the factory air box does. At worst, it fouls the MAF sensor, requiring a MAF sensor replacement...

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Did you have a CAI installed? I've seen on Youtube where Ford dealer mechanics are ranting about this when CAI's are installed on Ecoboost engines...:rant:I guess they don't filter the crap out of the air intake as good as the factory air box does. At worst, it fouls the MAF sensor, requiring a MAF sensor replacement...
What is this MAF sorcery of which you speak? Those don't exist in EBM world. :confused:

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
[MENTION=23277]6god[/MENTION] hey do u currently have a tune on the car if so which one? Ive been having the same issue

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
@6god hey do u currently have a tune on the car if so which one? Ive been having the same issue
Have you checked your plugs like we advised the other guy? I would do that first. It seems he may have fixed something bc his whining stopped.

Last edited:

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
I just started having this same problem! I'm at 29,000 miles. It did it to me in the middle of Washington DC rush hour in stopped traffic. I feared it was going to stall with the idle continuing to drop and go back so I turned the AC off and it helped a bit, but didn't fix it. Eventually, it did end up stalling when I went to put it in reverse to back in to a parking space - started back up fine though. Still makes me uneasy because I don't know what the problem is!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

What is this MAF sorcery of which you speak? Those don't exist in EBM world. :confused:
The MAF sensor is right next to the blinker fluid bottle. Would you like a picture for reference? :doh:

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Nobody suggested contaminated gasoline. The OP described an issue that disappeared after only four days, which is classic water-in-the-gas territory!

(and water in the gas trumps tuning and/or a CAI and/or iffy spark plugs. I'm not saying any of those tips are not valid, because they are. What I mean is that it would exhibit that behavior with or without any of the other mentioned factors)

$0.02

Last edited:

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I was hoping to see a solution by now.. been following this one for months. I had the same problem as well, when sitting for like 30 seconds the rpm drops and you kinda vibrate for a bit. I had my tuner at the time raise my rpm rest to help and it did. Now have a different tuner, forgot to mention to raise rpm and it isn't there anymore. Normal rpm idle, no drops. I don't have a DVCC and it definitely was not the plugs.
Sponsored