Sponsored

Eco boost at idle stuttering

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Exactly what mines doing .
Well there was a pcv update and pcm is reflashed when tsb is performed.
Take it in and see if you have th updated pcv. Also check your plugs
Sponsored

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
He put that it's 700-750 below 1k so it feels like it's going to die.
The way you added bold makes it seem like you think the engine is idling between 250 & 300 rpm which is impossible with this type of engine.

I have a manual but I do notice my engine drop to 750 rpm when my foot is on the brake then go up to 1000 once released. It is a a bit rough but I have a whiteline tranny insert. It is possible there are engine mount issues if you are doing donuts with the car though.

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
The way you added bold makes it seem like you think the engine is idling between 250 & 300 rpm which is impossible with this type of engine.

I have a manual but I do notice my engine drop to 750 rpm when my foot is on the brake then go up to 1000 once released. It is a a bit rough but I have a whiteline tranny insert. It is possible there are engine mount issues if you are doing donuts with the car though.
My automatic idles at lights at 800 to 700 rpms . when it starts to stutter it goes below a few those rpms and ive seen it happen. sometimes ive had the boost gauge on to see if its a leak. ive also had the fuel to air pressure open when this happens and i have seen it go down as well when the stuttering happens. To note as well the stuttering only happens for like 1 second . it stutters only once and then regains its normal rpms . At first i thought it could be the car stalling since it kinda felt like the car was losing rpms so i gave it gas . Ive even tried at stop lights to rev the car a bit in Neutral and then turn the car off and turn it back on.

I plan to keep doing test and taking it to the dealership .

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
Thank you everyone for the helpful comments , i will test some of these theories and try and find a fix

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
Well enjoy your GT then.
Well considering the Eco boost have lost a ton of value it might just have to wait it out before i can pull that trigger . hopefully in the future ill get one.

Sponsored

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Well considering the Eco boost have lost a ton of value it might just have to wait it out before i can pull that trigger . hopefully in the future ill get one.
Best two things you can check considering the mileage you put on the car already:

1. Take off your intake manifold and look to see if there's oil residue. Take off both the hot and cold side charge pipes from the top half and look inside both the throttle body and the turbo inlet for oil.

2. Take out your plugs and inspect them.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
When putting my car back to stock I did notice my charge pipes and throttle body were bone dry but it was a little dusty like dirt was either making it through my intake filter or being drawn in from somewhere else

khrome13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco Prem PP, 2015 F150 5.0, 93 Foxbody 5.0
I bet these dealerships love these guys that just let them do whatever and say there's not a problem and then some lucky salesman and sales manager are licking their lips when they roll back over to the front of the dealership with the 1 year old mustang and ask to trade for a new one. Can you say break it off in your ...

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I bet these dealerships love these guys that just let them do whatever and say there's not a problem and then some lucky salesman and sales manager are licking their lips when they roll back over to the front of the dealership with the 1 year old mustang and ask to trade for a new one. Can you say break it off in your ...
I bet owners love when the engine goes boom then the dealer sees the cars been tuned then you got to shell out thousands of dollars to fix your boo boo. I bought my eb 25k otd and sold it a year later with 12k miles for 21k, got my gt for 30k otd with extended warranty and ford collision coverage. :cheers:
Spend money today, make more tomorrow.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought my eb 25k otd and sold it a year later with 12k miles for 21k, got my gt for 30k otd with extended warranty and ford collision coverage. :cheers:
Spend money today, make more tomorrow.
How is that making money? :confused:

Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
To keep a car for a year, put 12k miles on it and trade it in for 4k less than what you paid, that's pretty damn good lol.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
To keep a car for a year, put 12k miles on it and trade it in for 4k less than what you paid, that's pretty damn good lol.
Supposedly...

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
1. pull your plugs and see if they are fowled or not.

2. take it to the dealer because it has a warranty.
Sponsored