eBay CF/alcantara steering wheel?

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
that looks really good. guess i'll just do it then. half the price of the other similar ones from the more popular websites
One thing I just learned is the bolt is TTY meaning one time use only. I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere else.

long story short the bolt came loose last night while driving. Steering wheel was completely loose and wobbly. Thankfully I was close to my house.

The bolt has thread locker from the factory and looks like it backed out and locker was almost gone. I bought a new bolt and waiting for delivery.
E1DB28B7-D3F0-47C2-A153-ABAE9DFF814F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
One thing I just learned is the bolt is TTY meaning one time use only. I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere else.

long story short the bolt came loose last night while driving. Steering wheel was completely loose and wobbly. Thankfully I was close to my house.

The bolt has thread locker from the factory and looks like it backed out and locker was almost gone. I bought a new bolt and waiting for delivery.
E1DB28B7-D3F0-47C2-A153-ABAE9DFF814F.jpeg
good to know. do you apply loctite to the new bolt or does it have something built-in?

Sponsored

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bought a pack of bolts. Comes in a pack of 4. Bought these from eBay. Only $9 shipped or was $5 for 1 bolt. Comes with a tiny lock tight on the bolt. I added some more blue lock tight just in case. I don’t want my steering wheel coming loose again. And I have spare bolts just in case.
AC428473-123A-43A5-B923-6920C28EDF6A.jpeg

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My concern with these aftermarket wheels is the quality of the core used, the wheel slipping off as mentioned, and airbag deploying early or not deploying at all, or just messing up the wiring while trying swap things onto new one. Paranoid for sure here.

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My concern with these aftermarket wheels is the quality of the core used, the wheel slipping off as mentioned, and airbag deploying early or not deploying at all, or just messing up the wiring while trying swap things onto new one. Paranoid for sure here.
but... YOLO :D

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don't see any possible issues with cores. it's not like they are using destroyed wheels. as for the airbag, since you swap your original airbag there is no danger. and the wiring is all plug and play

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i don't see any possible issues with cores. it's not like they are using destroyed wheels. as for the airbag, since you swap your original airbag there is no danger. and the wiring is all plug and play
Cheap chinese unregulated materials might break during accident or hard driving.

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that does look really good. the CF weave looks great

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a really nice one I'm putting up FS soon. Made custom by a guy in SoCal. 100% OEM core. Carbon fiber and alcantera.
Sponsored