Sponsored

eBay CF/alcantara steering wheel?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hey Krishna great photos. The side by side comparison of the cores is interesting it's as though someone might have contacts at the factory were the make the oem wheels, although with 3d scanning these days it's not hard to get exact dimensions from an oem core and manufacture the correct mould to suit.

Vendor's response is interesting, would be good if they could provide evidence of the approval.
Sponsored

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got this from eBay for just 249. The wheel itself looks and feels high quality however there are some fitment issues and gaps. I was also concerned about the quality being it a non-OEM core and this is what the seller had to say. for the price, I'm happy with it and there are some grippoints at the back.

"it still not Ford genuine, we manufacture our own by new molding. and all item need to pass Taiwan DOT crash test, strength, and temperature test before approved to reproduce. "
What ebay seller? Is that for a 2018+? That's a pretty cheap price, which is good.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
What ebay seller? Is that for a 2018+? That's a pretty cheap price, which is good.
Yes this is for a 2018+ and the seller is a1_auto. considering the price and quality of the wheel itself, i overlooked the fitment issues

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes this is for a 2018+ and the seller is a1_auto. considering the price and quality of the wheel itself, i overlooked the fitment issues
I wish I would have seen this one before I bought the youstar one. There's no way to tell if the youstar one is real carbon fiber or just hydro dip like these.

The only real difference I see is the leather comes up more on the a1_auto compared to the youstar_usa wheel.

i3rianf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
I ordered a wheel from ebay seller: euromotorsport
Only fitment issue was the top part not fitting correct (last photo). Still trying to work that out with the seller.
IMG_4031.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
I ordered a wheel from ebay seller: euromotorsport
Only fitment issue was the top part not fitting correct (last photo). Still trying to work that out with the seller.
IMG_4031.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg
Alittle late to this thread ... can you provide a link (either here or PM) and let us know how that fitment issue worked out please?
Sponsored