1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
29 months and 23k miles my oem battery died. Replacing it with a non oem battery even though it is still under warranty. I have never been impressed with how quick it drains. I keep a battery tender on it anytime I park it for more the a few days. Any Ideas. So far I am leaning on Optima AGM style .
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I changed mine with 300 miles on the clock on my dime too :D. The best factory fit (96R) AGM value for the money was from Advanced Auto. The only other one I found was an Odyssey, but was more expensive, and heavier. I wasn't interested in getting a non-factory fit, but you could do that. But I'd stay away from Optimas in the engine compartment; I had one, and quickly failed. They're not worth what they cost IMO. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a Champion AGM from Pepboys with a 4 year full replacement warranty . Out the door for $153 and change.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What size? That's what I paid for mine on sale, but it costs $200 normally. They're freaking expensive.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not surprised, battery warranty is only 12 months though. These cars have a lot of tech and the engine bay gets molten hot. If you switch to AGM you have to code something in forscan to change the smart charging logic. Maybe. I swear I read that somewhere around here.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There's no 96R AGM option available in FORScan, so left it alone. The alternator doesn't go that high anyway, where it could hurt AGMs, so not actually an issue.
Sponsored