breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I recently returned to my stock tune and intake to track down a p0300 and p0316 code. I noticed that my stock tune throttle cuts at around 6700-6800rpm. Previous stock tune would throttle cut at 7000 if I remember correctly.

Anyways fast forward. I put my intake and tune back on and set the rev limiter to 7700rpm in the tuner. I generally don't shift past like 7300rpm and only in lower gears because there's really no power past 7000 anyways. I just like to have the option. It's not throttle cutting at 7700 rpm. I haven't tried putting the redline up higher to see if that works but this seems odd considering I didn't have this problem before.

I did confirm with FORScan that its not my 2018 digital cluster indicating incorrectly. It is cutting early.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I recently returned to my stock tune and intake to track down a p0300 and p0316 code. I noticed that my stock tune throttle cuts at around 6700-6800rpm. Previous stock tune would throttle cut at 7000 if I remember correctly.

Anyways fast forward. I put my intake and tune back on and set the rev limiter to 7700rpm in the tuner. I generally don't shift past like 7300rpm and only in lower gears because there's really no power past 7000 anyways. I just like to have the option. It's not throttle cutting at 7700 rpm. I haven't tried putting the redline up higher to see if that works but this seems odd considering I didn't have this problem before.

I did confirm with FORScan that its not my 2018 digital cluster indicating incorrectly. It is cutting early.

Any ideas?
It probably is not cutting early. Per info from Ford and experience of myself and other SCCA street class autocrossers nominal 6800 is correct.

Prior to buying my 2015 GTPP my dealer, who is a road racer, found the "right guy" at Ford who told him:

"There is a soft limiter at 6850. It backs off the throttle blade. There is a hard limiter at 7k. At 7k it shuts off the injectors. As soon as it goes below 6850 you get full throttle back. This info came directly from the calibrator as there is no lag/recovery time."

I use a Race Technology DL1 data acquisition system during autocross runs. OBD data consistently showed the soft limiter backing off the throttle starting around 6700 and holding the rpm to around 6850 plus/minus in second gear. Calculated (using TireRack.com revs per mile data) mph matched gps mph for the recorded rpm at the rev limit.