Dyno run, Tune + , MAP Intercooler, and Mixing for E30

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Just installed a MAP intercooler couple days ago! This should've been my first mod. Temps are super consistent now and never go over 118-128 degrees 91-99 ambient temps. San Antonio is humid as hell also. I really tried to heat soak it but temps stayed the same.

Over the course of three days street/highway driving
Stock intercooler:
91-99 ambient
115-158 charge temps!!!

MAP intercooler
91-99 ambient
102-128 charge temps!

I'm really impressed how much this made my butt dyno feel. I just sent my first log for E30 but to be honest I'm not sure I'm using the calculator properly.

The part where it asks "%filled" is where I'm not sure I'm putting the right numbers.

(Tank size) X (Fuel level input) = number of gallons left in tank

But the app wants the percentage............wow well I just answered my own question while typing this out.

((Gallons left in tank) / (Tank size))X 100= percent of gas left in tank

If there's a quicker way please by all means chime in, I'm all ears.

Oh and I'll be going to the dyno and posting the vidoeo when I get my final tune and will post the results! Never been to one before so let's hope my car doesn't end up on YouTube under "Dyno Fail Compilation!!"

Oh Btw Adam has been incredible helpful throughout the whole process. He responds very quickly and is a great source of information. There are other tuners out there but, I'm very satisfied Adam and his role in my long tunning journey as I added mods throughout the year. Couldn't be happier.

Size comparison and E85 calculator app screenshot
(Spoiler is getting repainted in case anybody noticed it missing)

IMG_0028.jpg

Dyno graph below:
91 ambient
133 charge temps
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet glad you recieved the intercooler and got it all installed already. Your going to love the e30 with full bolt ons ;^)

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Sweet glad you recieved the intercooler and got it all installed already. Your going to love the e30 with full bolt ons ;^)
Thanks Justin! Ya I forgot to tell you I recieved it lol

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Thanks Justin! Ya I forgot to tell you I recieved it lol
The easiest way I do it and I don't even use a calculator. Once your e85 is tested or you knkw it's good, when it's on empty, just use 4.1 or 4.2 gallons e85 then the rest 93, it's not complicated and you shouldn't need a calculator. I do it all the time, never one issue other than mashing the gas more now

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The easiest way I do it and I don't even use a calculator. Once your e85 is tested or you knkw it's good, when it's on empty, just use 4.1 or 4.2 gallons e85 then the rest 93, it's not complicated and you shouldn't need a calculator. I do it all the time, never one issue other than mashing the gas more now
Question... since E85 is cheap, couldn't you just use 87 octane gas and add more E85 to get to the desired octane?

Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
The Fuel Level Input gives you the percentage already. So, no extra math is needed.

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 50th Premium
Question... since E85 is cheap, couldn't you just use 87 octane gas and add more E85 to get to the desired octane?
No, you need to use the correct percentage of E85 from the pump to achieve the E30 mix and not overtax the fuel system, and starting with a base gasoline octane rating of 87 would not give you enough octane after mixing with E85 to see the benefits of the specific tune.

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
The Fuel Level Input gives you the percentage already. So, no extra math is needed.

Oh! Haha I knew I was doing something wrong, thanks for the input.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
No, you need to use the correct percentage of E85 from the pump to achieve the E30 mix and not overtax the fuel system, and starting with a base gasoline octane rating of 87 would not give you enough octane after mixing with E85 to see the benefits of the specific tune.
What he said.... E30 with 93 > with 91

Basically 91 e30 is only a bit over 94 octane. 93 e30 is a bit over 96 octane

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and add pics of the dyno run today. It got hot outside quicker than expected about 91 so charge temps were really high but im real happy with the results.

Sponsored

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
fridge would you say adding the e30 tune added more power than replacing the stock restrictive cat?

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
fridge would you say adding the e30 tune added more power than replacing the stock restrictive cat?

Down pipe and intake were the first mods I did regretfully, should've just got fmic and tune. Exhaust and cold air intake mods were done for sound. Adam's orange eco makes 425hp with only a turbo,fmic and E85. Other than that he has the stock air box stock down pipe and stock exhaust.

So to answer your question yes E30 was a huge noticible jump in power supported with a FMIC. Catless or low cell catted down pipe is for sounding cool...if your into the crackles and pops...which I like.
I'll put a link to a video of what my exhaust sounds like on the dyno.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Good intercooler choice.

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Here's a vid of the one of the many runs we did.

Sponsored