Sponsored

Drivetrain set up

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have a 2016 RHD over in the UK. I currently have a whipple with custom tune and circa 740bhp. I would like to start doing more with the car including giving it some serious stick and over time putting in more power ! I would prefer to be belt and braces on this and not skimp and wait for things to break so ideally i want to prepare it for now and the future. So for 2019 I have a Mantic clutch on the way, soon ordering a MGW Xspec shifter. I have settled on Ford Racing Half shafts but i think the weak link in the chain will be the drive shaft. I have searched and searched and i don't really hear any continuously great reviews of any. The reviews seem to be shortly after fitting. I have looked at both Ally and CF versions and brands such as shaftmaster / DSS / G force / QA1 etc - i would really welcome any longer term reviews of any of these - i dont want NVH to become unbearable but accept there will be some change from a two piece to a one piece. Right now i lean towards shaftmaster, only as their price is better and seem to get the same level of review. But then I read CF reduces NVH etc................I know the decision is mine, but there are probably a handfull of cars over here at best that have had such work done, so no one to ask locally. Plus it costs your price PLUS another 50% by the time we ship and pay tax etc, so i dont want to get it wrong as sending back is a pain. ANy thoughts very welcome
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
For a one piece aluminum shaft, IMO, Dynotech makes the best product. I believe theirs is rated at 900 rwhp and there are no rubber inserts. I broke everything in my drive-train except this shaft at one time or another. I would disagree on the weak link...its the MT82.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
For a one piece aluminum shaft, IMO, Dynotech makes the best product. I believe theirs is rated at 900 rwhp and there are no rubber inserts. I broke everything in my drive-train except this shaft at one time or another. I would disagree on the weak link...its the MT82.
Thanks for the info...did you notice any change in noise or vibrations with it.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Thanks for the info...did you notice any change in noise or vibrations with it.
Yes on noise...just makes since....no rubber inserts...straight metal to metal from rear to trans. I did not have any vibration with this shaft. Definitely made the car more responsive.
Sponsored