Sponsored

My manual gearbox/drivetrain heats up more than normal???

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
My car heats up and gets pretty warm from the inside at the gearbox after driving for an extended amount of time. It gets annoying when traveling for an extended period of time and especially in the summer. I did get a steeda triax shifter installed a while back. I honeslty dont remember if this started happening before or after the shifter install. Could it be that there is an opening or something related to where heat produced from the transmission and all the areas around is coming in through????
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
You would here a hell of a lot of noise if there was any kind of opening.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
It's the exhaust pipes running up next to the transmission in the tunnel. Mine gets hot too.

Had you installed the shifter you would know it's tight up in there.

OP
OP
mfelix15GT

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
It's the exhaust pipes running up next to the transmission in the tunnel. Mine gets hot too.

Had you installed the shifter you would know it's tight up in there.
Ok. Have you tried anything to help with the heat. Maybe applying more heat protectors around where the exhaust goes through (if thats possible)??

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Asbestos chaps? ;)

On mine the heat doesn't bother me much, but if you could squeeze a heat shield on stand offs in there it would really help. A metal surface and space makes for good heat protection. That was the only thing that worked on my IT7 race car. The floor near the expansion chamber got so hot it would burn the paint off before I went with a heat shield. Before that I tried the self adhesive reflective fiber matting and all it did was cook off the adhesive. Rotaries get freaking hot.

On yours, another piece of the fiber matting would be a good start.
Sponsored