Driverside floor water leak.

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Hey guys, help? I have a 2015 ford mustang gt that has a water leak into my driverside floor. I found it one day when cleaning. I had pulled my all weather mats and factory mats out to clean and noticed a wet spot right in the middle. After a few weeks of observing this after a drive I decided to pull up my carpet a bit and turned out that under my carpet was damp and the water was just being drawn up into the carpet. I've taken it to a body shop and they told me the carpets would most likely need to come up and they couldn't do it. They also confirmed (via spray down) that they did see a small drip but couldn't find where. Also notable is that they said the cowl drains were draining properly.. I was recommended elsewhere but the place was booked out two weeks. I found somewhere that could see it tomorrow and discussed the potential scope of the repair (removing dash etc $$$$) but I don't know what else to do. It needs to be fixed. The vehicle was purchased 3 months ago used with 40k miles. Any help would be appreciated. I have personally checked the "micky mouse" stickers in the doors but have gromits in those places.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Gotta find it the hard way unfortunately, have a friend run a hose over the windshield area and get under the dash with a flash light. It's probably a leaking body seam somewhere.

OP
OP
TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Drain plug has been checked as well as cowl drains. They looked under dash and couldn't find anything running down. But my carpet is wet. Idk.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
It's a common problem on the 15's. Mine had it also. (it's one of the reasons I sold it) It leaks in near the edge of the windshield. There are several threads about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
UPDATE: Hey guys so leak was found to be entering windshield top right corner and running down the apillar and spilling into floor from rocker covers. Apparently the factory adhesive wasn't adhered well. They removed and cleaned up the glue to find that no cracking or issues. There was a natural step-down where the body panels meet and he said that every car has them. They just needed to reapply a windshield and everything is good. After reapplying the window they performed the same leak test that diagnosed the issue and no water is entering. So leak is gone. I'm aware this is a happy ending story compared to alot of the water leak issues. All together I was out of pocket around $1k.
Sponsored