Another water leak found? 2015 GT

jt021119

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lately I've been finding puddles underneath my exhaust tips. Water isn't coming from the tips, but from above them, and running down the pipe. I'm hoping I don't have another leak, as I just got done fixing 3 of them (window seam seals, and third brake light). Anyone experience this, or know if there is some sort of drain around the area? Thanks for any input.

IMG_20230522_061117.jpg

IMG_20230522_061106.jpg

IMG_20230522_061111.jpg
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The trunk water runoff goes down the back of the taillights and then the lights seem to partially drain down the back of the bumper cover, it wets the bumper bar and then drips on the tailpipes.

I’ve noticed because the bumper bars aren’t very well protected against corrosion and I occasionally get a rusty water drip / stain on the top of my tailpipes.

WD :like:

OP
OP

jt021119

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for the reply, and what a sigh of relief!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The trunk water runoff goes down the back of the taillights and then the lights seem to partially drain down the back of the bumper cover, it wets the bumper bar and then drips on the tailpipes.

I’ve noticed because the bumper bars aren’t very well protected against corrosion and I occasionally get a rusty water drip / stain on the top of my tailpipes.

Does it bother you? I.e. to the point of considering a fix/improvement?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does it bother you? I.e. to the point of considering a fix/improvement?
Yes ... :crackup:

At some point both bumper bars will be coming off and getting sorted, maybe replaced with the light weight versions.

It's the front one that bothers me more, its hidden on a 15, but on an 18 it can be seen through the grill - and I've seen it starting on brand new ones on the forecourt ... :frown:

Front one will be first, I've got a new big mouth to fit so it makes sense to do both jobs at the same time.

Sponsored