Sponsored

Driver window issues again and again

w000000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium PP
So I bought my 2017 GT used with a little bit of extended warranty left on it back in July.
The day I was to pick it up the sales girl called me and told me there was an issue with the driver side window and it wouldn’t close completely… but only intermittently.
They said they had It scheduled to replace the driver side window motor which would fix the problem. Thing is this motor was already replaced only a few months ago for the same issue. Now after a little more than a month of trouble free operation since it got fixed a new issue has suddenly popped up with the same window.

The window suddenly is very slow on the up direction and there seems to be greasy streaks on the glass along with some random clicks as it gets toward the top. The auto drop issue seems to be fine but this issue has me worried it’s going to fail again. I would have guessed this motor was on its way out based on the symptoms but it was literally just replaced. :( any ideas I should try out before calling the dealer again?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they could have changed just the motor, today's power window. Is a complete assembly as seen here.

Without knowing for sure you could be getting some spoon-fed BS.

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 7.11.45 AM.png

Common part, simple to change

OP
OP
w000000

w000000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see. I’m wondering if they maybe didn’t tighten one of the bolts correctly or something on those tracks and it’s maybe gotten loose with driving. Guess I won’t know until I take it apart.

OP
OP
w000000

w000000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further update window seems to have fixed itself after sitting overnight. Pretty stumped. It’s still slower than the passenger side but more or less normal.
Sponsored